• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which Calculators?

Reaction score
Sir... I myself don't know how to find SD frm it. I found it out while reading the functions book of the calculaor. I tried to find out but I too didnt understand it.. And don't buy it now, just a week before your exams. You'll get confused. Anyways, you have to show the working. The calculator will just provide you an extra help in checking your answers. if you are giving addmaths. Tou us mein bohat faida ho ga. Since I used the calculator to ensure 40 marks in the paper.

Reaction score
Acha so temme one thing i have Fx100 Es and i am buying one more with in a day or two..
so prefer me one which cud even be useful in maths...and i am not giving Add maths

Reaction score
Your choice. Fx 991 ms le lo. If you are well set with the functions in es tou ur choice since I don't use es series calculators.. But you shud have one ms calculator in the examination room incase the invigilator takes away ur es calculator :p

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
If you are not giving AddMaths, I'll recommend you to stick to 82 series.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Timing is crucial!
If you aren't familiar with ES series, get MS.

Reaction score
I have a Casio fx-570ms..
Plz reply me if it is allowed or otherwise tell me other calculator's models which are allowed and which i would buy.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont know i have fx 85 MS and i like that...or u can search the models on the net ...and according to their features choose one!!

Reaction score
Planet master i aready have fx 100 es so now temm what shud i buy...
nd second thing what do u mean by timing?
I m giving stats this monday so pls advice me the best officially allowed calculator

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I guess by timing he means that u have ur exam very near so if for eg u buy a calculator u r nt familiar with u wont be able to practise how to use it in such a short time and hence in the exam u may face problem and waste time !!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Take FX-82MS in any case, to be on the safe side.
But as some examiners do not check the calculator model, so take any other calculator-a good one of your choice (other than graphical)!!!
This will work for sure :)

Reaction score
Do the invigilators check if we are writing the correct model number??
Lyk if i take both fx 82ms and fx 100 es and i use fx100 es bu write ms
wud it be possible?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it depends!!!
If luck is there with you, it is DEFINITELY possible, but y do the wrong thing!!!
Just use FX-82 MS...
END OF TOPIC!!! :|

I hope all the ambiguities are cleared now. :)

Reaction score
yar i gave papers...every calculator is allowed except the graphical calculators

Reaction score
i dont Know why you people ask again and again one thing

everyone has told you that FX-82 Ms is the best calculator and fully accepted

so why dont you people get that one instead of saying no that is also accaptable that has better contrast ,,that has better keypad
STOP BEING CHILDISH :D

and buy fx- 82 ms not even costly

Reaction score
From where can I get a list of calculators which are allowed? Any official CIE document?

Reaction score
i think its just mentioned in the syllabus of the subjects or behind the statement of entry i dont know correctly.Well take whatever u have but as Nibz said be on the safe side and as Planetmaster said if u want to buy a new calculator then get it know or u wont be able to know how to use it that well . :D