• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

which pen to use in CIE

Reaction score
the other day i read an examiner report for English and it clearly said that candidates have disadvantaged themselves by using light blue pens, further it suggested the used of black ink pens so yeah..! Hope that helps :) U r joking right?
So If You Write In A Light Blue Pen Then Your Paper Will Not Be Marked? Or Will You Loose Ample Of Marks?

Reaction score
Black or blue.........try that pen with which u feel the most comfortable.....and take at least 3 pens with u in the hall......the pen must be half used by u before hand so that it works smoothly and ur writing speed remains fast and constant........the point from where u grip the pen must be made up of rubber or studs so that when ur hand sweats the fingers do not slip

This is how I helped

Reaction score
So If You Write In A Light Blue Pen Then Your Paper Will Not Be Marked? Or Will You Loose Ample Of Marks?
I don't think u'll loose marks...but the thing is our papers will be scanned and checked so if ur ink doesnt show clearly U'll loose marks then. :/