• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Will appearing Privately for O levels final year affect our addmission in A levels or F.sc?

Reaction score
Hey, I'm appearing for my final O'level exams in 2013, I wanted to know if I appear privately, will it affect my admission in A level or F.Sc? Just asking in case private candidates are not favoured in any college. Thank you :)

Reaction score
well its not that. You wont be preferred by universities if you did your alevel privately because universities need your alevel teachers recommendations and alevel school grades (transcripts)

as far as oleve is concerned there should not be much of an issue. If you want to do fsc, all you need is olevel equivalence.

Now answer these questions for equivalence (for mbbs)?
are you giving these 8 subjects
phy,chem,bio,math,eng,urdu,isl,pakst

if you are, then in how many attempts are you giving them in?

if 2 attempts, then what is the time gap between the two sessions?

Reaction score
I just gave Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and Urdu this May/June (2012), and I'll be giving Math, English, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Studies (not Biology) next year, in 2013, inshAllah. And I haven't appeared more than once for any subject.

Reaction score
you must appear in june 2013
NOT NOV 2013

(this is if you want to apply to government colleges in Pakistan)

best of luck for your grades. Aim for 12A's :D (i had 2A and 12A*, not bragging though)

Work hard and pray, inshAllah you will do well

Reaction score
So you're saying that appearing private won't be an issue for my admission in either A levels or F.Sc?
And whoa, those are some grades. How come you have 12 grades? all I'm appearing for are 8 subjects in all, in O levels that is

Reaction score
i meant that we in our school we considered 12A as awesome
10 was great
8 was good
6A's were average (75% of us had 6A's and above)

Reaction score
yes appearing privately SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE (IM NOT SURE BUT I HAVE HEARD THAT SOME PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN KARACHI HAVE SOME RESERVATIONS, LIKE YOU MUST HAVE ALL A'S IN SCIENCES ETC, SO BEING A PRIVATE CANDIDATE MAY BE AN ISSUE)

at least in my school lgs jt in lahore, being a private candidate wasnt an issue (although to get in you must have 8A's at least)

im wondering why arent u giving with a school?

Reaction score
not really, it doesnt matter if you have done O levels or A levels privately, the just see what grades u have got, they really dont care from which skool u have studied

Reaction score
No, you will have a problem with doing Alevels privately as universities need your school transcripts (they decide your admission on these, before your alevel result)
you can apply to some universities after ur alevel result but you would have to take a gap year

SO DO ALEVELS WITH A SCHOOL

Reaction score
yes appearing privately SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE (IM NOT SURE BUT I HAVE HEARD THAT SOME PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN KARACHI HAVE SOME RESERVATIONS, LIKE YOU MUST HAVE ALL A'S IN SCIENCES ETC, SO BEING A PRIVATE CANDIDATE MAY BE AN ISSUE)

at least in my school lgs jt in lahore, being a private candidate wasnt an issue (although to get in you must have 8A's at least)

im wondering why arent u giving with a school?
I'm giving it through my school alright. I just needed to know if it'd be an issue if I entered otherwise. Thank You.