• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

WORLD HISTORY 1917-1991 O LEVEL

Reaction score
Hi there ppl! What were your results in workd history? Plz tell cz i wanna give this in may and if your results are good it will boost my confidence! :)

Reaction score
Wow!!! You must have written perfect answers with no mistake right???
And did u use norman lowe... It is quite detailed right?

Reaction score
Wow!!! You must have written perfect answers with no mistake right???
And did u use norman lowe... It is quite detailed right?
yeah! might be.
I used the book of Norman Lowe, another reference book which is for GCSE by Walsh and for some topics i also referred to the internet.

Reaction score
I did Alevels World History. By the Grace of God, had an A grade in it. I DIDNOT give Olevels World History although I did study it

What I can say is that they both are much overlapping

I prepared notes for Alevel history which I am quite confident will definitely help u in Olevels
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1l1h122z59evas

You can download and view them. You can also ask me any question you find dificult

I studied
Italian unification
German unification
Rise of Hitler and Mussolini
Russian (Tsar, Lenin and Stalin)
Imperialism
Cold War (whole)
China
Nuclear Arms

And I think Norman Lowe book is very good

Reaction score
I did Alevels World History. By the Grace of God, had an A grade in it. I DIDNOT give Olevels World History although I did study it

What I can say is that they both are much overlapping

I prepared notes for Alevel history which I am quite confident will definitely help u in Olevels
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1l1h122z59evas

You can download and view them. You can also ask me any question you find dificult

I studied
Italian unification
German unification
Rise of Hitler and Mussolini
Russian (Tsar, Lenin and Stalin)
Imperialism
Cold War (whole)
China
Nuclear Arms

And I think Norman Lowe book is very good
I shall refer to u in the future... IA

Reaction score
Is there room for any error in the paper to get an A* or an A???
May be because I prepared really good but at last moment i did not revise China in section F but i did revise Japan.When i saw the paper, most questions were on China and there was not even a single one on Japan.Due to this reason one of my question did not go good, though the rest four went pretty well and i still got an A.
I would recommend you to prepare any three sections with full dedication first and then do atleast 5-10 years past papers to get familiar with the paper criteria.Once you would be done with that, you would have less mistakes and probably less chances errors, in addition read examiner reports too.If you would do this you will definitely get an A*.

Reaction score
Thankyou very muchhhhhh! :)
One of my friends gave world history and wrote 17 sides for the exam.... I hope. I wudnt have to write this much! :) once again thnk u

Reaction score
Thankyou very muchhhhhh! :)
One of my friends gave world history and wrote 17 sides for the exam.... I hope. I wudnt have to write this much! :) once again thnk u
Go for quality not for quantity, an answer of two pages for narrative with all necessary points and a good analysis of one page would make up a good answer.
By the way best of luck :)