• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0580 Maths paper 2 Extended disscussion!!!!

Reaction score
Dracula95 said:
vardaan371 said:
Guys, the order of rotational symmetry was one and the lines of symmetry were zero.
the region labelled as R by karthik in the attachment given is wrong. it was on the top right hand side.
is 0.00660 equal to two significant figures?
it was 0.0066
yes, R was on the top right hand side
There were 0 lines of symmetry
But the order of rotational symmetry was 5 right?

I gave 22 second variant
Guys it differnce in varients !!!!!

Reaction score
Dracula95 said:
Tch Tch.......check again i gave 22 and the inequalities answer was in the top right corner......see that y is less than or equal to 2x.......this is only possible in the top right corner. Trick question....made the same mistake bt in rechecking i corrected it.
Dude y<y=2x ... so it must be backwards not forwards .. this question was ment u all to make the mistake .... o god ... u worte the right answer and then unsccerely cut it of!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
jazzangel16 said:
Hey karthik! What was the answer you got for the angles.. There was that sort of a triangle with a circle right!
a!) =90-50
!!) = 180 - a! .....

Reaction score
karthik said:
vardaan371 said:
Guys, the order of rotational symmetry was one and the lines of symmetry were zero.
the region labelled as R by karthik in the attachment given is wrong. it was on the top right hand side.
is 0.00660 equal to two significant figures?
Dude mine wasnt wrong ... i did a different varien paper and the symentry answer for me/us was 5 and 0 ... we got a flower and star for the symetry wat abt u?
....I did the same variant as u......it was 5 and 0......but R was in the top right hand side....check it again on a graph
Y<2X is only possible on the right hand side

Reaction score
karthik said:
Dracula95 said:
Tch Tch.......check again i gave 22 and the inequalities answer was in the top right corner......see that y is less than or equal to 2x.......this is only possible in the top right corner. Trick question....made the same mistake bt in rechecking i corrected it.
Dude y<y=2x ... so it must be backwards not forwards .. this question was ment u all to make the mistake .... o god ... u worte the right answer and then unsccerely cut it of!!!!!!!!!
Look at the graph y<y=2x........so R is on the right......take any point on the left and u get Y>2x....see

For eg take (2,8) on the top left side y=8, 2x=4....so y>2x....so it is not valid on the left side
this question was made to test those who dont check whether th area is satisfying the inequalities.

Attachments

• CAF96IQF.png
    CAF96IQF.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 71
Reaction score
Guys where was region R?

and whats the answer for the matrix multiplication question?

Reaction score
Dracula95 said:
karthik said:
Dracula95 said:
Look at the graph y<y=2x........so R is on the right......take any point on the left and u get Y>2x....see

For eg take (2,8) on the top left side y=8, 2x=4....so y>2x....so it is not valid on the left side
this question was made to test those who don't check whether th area is satisfying the inequalities.

OPPS ( :oops: ) looks like my graph was wrong !!!!! tks a lot for ur explanation and trying to explain me :)

Reaction score
Dracula95 said:
mimmi said:
Guys where was region R?

and whats the answer for the matrix multiplication question?
top right hand side

that matrix one was (-14 0
0 -14)

oh no my natrice is wrong O_O there goes 15 marks

Reaction score
HEY GUYS Y DONT U VoTE UP THIS DISCUSSION AND THANK ME (IF I HELPED U) ..... THANKS LETS PREPARE FOR MATHS P4.... LETS FINISH THIS DISCUSSION.....
BY CREATOR : KARTHIK

Reaction score
I want to add something.... This was how I got my graph... What do you guys think of it??? The coloured lines are for shading the unwanted regions....

Attachments

• Graph-P4.png
    Graph-P4.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 93

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!
According to the inequalities as: y > 2 ; x + y > 6 ; y < 2x
i think the graph shud come like this!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
@Leone...either u have given the incorrect inequality or ur line y=2x is wrong!! :(

If the inequalities is correct then my solutionis correct...plz let me know if in case i have done any mistake ...though i have tried my best to avoid any mistake!! :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
@Leone...either u have given the incorrect inequality or ur line y=2x is wrong!! :(

If the inequalities is correct then my solutionis correct...plz let me know if in case i have done any mistake ...though i have tried my best to avoid any mistake!! :)

Thank you very much for helping us dear!!! Anyway, I have done Y=2X wrong... :( Will I get any marks now that the other parts of my graph is correct??? Actually it was a silly mistake I did... If I thought about Y=X line even I could have done it right... But instead what came to my mind that time was for example if we take Y as 8 according to the formula Y=2X the value of X should be 4. Then I did this silly mistake by joining 4 to 8 that during the test I was only concerned about 8 an 4 in the formula 8=2(4). It was due to this that I joined 4 and 8 carelessly without much thinking as the other line we drew (x+y=6) too was like this. If I could have thought well then it would have been correct. I actually knew this one... :( Anyway, will I get any marks for the parts I did correct???

Reaction score
I am really worried about this one... Can any one remember this one was out of how many marks??? About how many marks I may get Math angel??? Please tell what you think....