• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0625 Physics Paper 3 Discussion

Reaction score
Ah ok... I put that the ammeter reading would gradually decrease when the switch closed as the capacitor would charge up... but I did not put that it would eventually read zero... maybe I get some marks from 2 I guess... Thanks again!

Reaction score
PeterG said:
Ah ok... I put that the ammeter reading would gradually decrease when the switch closed as the capacitor would charge up... but I did not put that it would eventually read zero... maybe I get some marks from 2 I guess... Thanks again!
My pleasure :)

Reaction score
I think those are all my doubts... I know that the part I really messed up with was the second question about circular motion... but I can't remember what was asked

Reaction score
It asked why circular motion cannot be constant (because velocity is a vector and direction is always changing), what would be needed for it to take place (constant force), and direction of the force (outwards, I guess, from the center...)

Reaction score
serendipity said:
It asked why circular motion cannot be constant (because velocity is a vector and direction is always changing), what would be needed for it to take place (constant force), and direction of the force (outwards, I guess, from the center...)
Because velocity is changing yes, it is 'accelerating' because the direction is changing even though the speed may be constant. And the force acts towards the center of the circular path.

Reaction score
I remember the velocity one yup. Got that one right. But I think I put the force the car needed to make was towards outside the circle and that the force was due to the car's acceleration...

Reaction score
Can't remember if there was a car involved in the question.
And, I mixed that up. I was guessing the force would be outwards from the center, not towards the center.

Reaction score
MasterOfPuppets said:
PeterG said:
Ok, thanks! And anyone got any idea about the reading of the ammeter question?
Yes it should be 0 A. That's because since there is a capacitor before it, the capacitor will store all the charge supplied by the battery, so the ammeter won't detect any.

I'm afraid you forgot smthing, capacitor doesn't store all the charge immediately , it stores it gradually . So current will decrease gradually until it becomes 0....And ammeter reading will decrease by time

Reaction score
The 2nd question

The force needed is " Friction " .................Actually friction between tires and track provide the needed force to make the car move in a circular direction

And It acts Towards the center

Reaction score
It was worth two marks... So I put current gradually decreases (ammeter reading gradually decreases) with time as the capacitor charges up but I am not sure if they wanted us to mention that the reading would eventually become zero for the two marks, maybe yes

Reaction score
"The 2nd question

The force needed is " Friction " .................Actually friction between tires and track provide the needed force to make the car move in a circular direction

And It acts Towards the center"

Yeah, saw that in my textbook today

Reaction score
i hope we all relax now....Paper 3 " was " 2 days ago.....Now let's focus on Paper 6 ..Cuz i think it will come tricky

FORGET WHAT U DID IN PAPER 3

Reaction score
PeterG said:
It was worth two marks... So I put current gradually decreases (ammeter reading gradually decreases) with time as the capacitor charges up but I am not sure if they wanted us to mention that the reading would eventually become zero for the two marks, maybe yes

I think 3 marks...U got 2 and 1 for telling Zero

Reaction score
Dracula95 said:
i did....u have ne doubt?

yeaa?? how was it for you?? good or hard?? And btw .. what were the answer for the question where someone leaves the lamp on and so on and so on.....??

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with Physics paper 6 ? I have no idea how to draw the drawings and the precautions of Physics tests . Please help me ! I think I'm going to fail. :cry:

Reaction score
Yousef90 said:
Can anyone help me with Physics paper 6 ? I have no idea how to draw the drawings and the precautions of Physics tests . Please help me ! I think I'm going to fail. :cry:

no u won't fail

Just practice paper 6 past papers and u will be familiar with questions

Use mark scheme to check ur answers

If u want to do easy paper 6 exams start with MAy & June 09 , Nov 09 , J07 , Nov06....and solve 010

Reaction score
plz anyone knows anything about the question of deflection of rays??
plz help i think i screwed up a lot in that test :?