• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

0625 Physics Paper 3 Discussion

Reaction score
Not sure if there is anyone from my zone here but, did any of you guys get a question with the diagram of an optical fibre where we had to draw a totally internal reflected ray?

I measured the angle and I only drew one totally internally reflected angle because my ray never touched the optical fibre wall again...

Reaction score
hi peter
i took variant 1

the exam was good

Yeah the optical fiber , i drew one ray too , i think angle was 55 degree

But i did alot of stupid mistakes ...Dummy Me

Reaction score
Ah ok... Did you have one question of a car in the repair shop? That in the last part you had to calculate the weight of the car...

Reaction score
A.W.H said:
Yup and it was 200 kg
It was not 200 kg. The total upward force by the liquid, was 8000 N, which was just enough to lift the car. Each of the stands weighed 1000 N, so together both stands weighed 2000 N. Now, the weight of the car and the stands MUST equal 8000 N, so the weight of the car is 8000 - 2000 = 6000. Ergo, the mass is 600 kg.

Reaction score
I don't know my variant, I know I did the same one as MasterofPuppets though

Reaction score
MasterOfPuppets said:
A.W.H said:
Yup and it was 200 kg
It was not 200 kg. The total upward force by the liquid, was 8000 N, which was just enough to lift the car. Each of the stands weighed 1000 N, so together both stands weighed 2000 N. Now, the weight of the car and the stands MUST equal 8000 N, so the weight of the car is 8000 - 2000 = 6000. Ergo, the mass is 600 kg.

Yeah Yeah....It is 600 kg , LOL ! i wrote the mass of " Stands " in this topic

Srry Guys

I wanna ask a question , in the electricity question , is there a missing " Resistance " must be written on a " 3 rd resistor " ?

Reaction score
Umm... I don't remember...

I remember my answers: Capacitor for the component that needed to be labelled... Then the resistance I predicted was 5 Ohms, then 4 Ohms for the other position, then for what would happen to the ammeter reading I put it would gradually decrease as the capacitor charged and for the last question on electricity I got 400 seconds, but not sure about my answers...

anyone?

Reaction score
A.W.H said:
MasterOfPuppets said:
A.W.H said:
Yup and it was 200 kg

Yeah Yeah....It is 600 kg , LOL ! i wrote the mass of " Stands " in this topic

Srry Guys

I wanna ask a question , in the electricity question , is there a missing " Resistance " must be written on a " 3 rd resistor " ?
Nope, nothing of the sort. You had to 'deduce' the total resistance from certain positions which switch S can be in. But no filling in missing resistances.

Reaction score
PeterG said:
Umm... I don't remember...

I remember my answers: Capacitor for the component that needed to be labelled... Then the resistance I predicted was 5 Ohms, then 4, then for what would happen to the ammeter reading I put it would gradually decrease as the capacitor charged and for the last question on electricity I got 400 seconds, but not sure about my answers...

Well i am the biggest dummy in the world.......Yeah resistance was 5 & 4.smth respectively ..... :evil: I Left the stupid ammeter question and the one after it ....as i read them wrong !! I read it state the reading of ammeter and i looked to the figure and I said LOL ! where is the resistance of the resistor to get current !!

The question of time taken i thought current was needed to get time

Dummy Me

Reaction score
I was really nervous A.W.H and I almost did the same mistake as you did, but when I was calmer I read it again and managed. I am not sure if I got them right either... Oh and by the way, do you guys think I get the mark if I put 6000N not 600kg for the Car Question?

Reaction score
PeterG said:
I was really nervous A.W.H and I almost did the same mistake as you did, but when I was calmer I read it again and managed. I am not sure if I got them right either...

At least u wrote smthing ....I'm still a Dummy :mrgreen:

Reaction score
PeterG said:
I was really nervous A.W.H and I almost did the same mistake as you did, but when I was calmer I read it again and managed. I am not sure if I got them right either... Oh and by the way, do you guys think I get the mark if I put 6000N not 600kg for the Car Question?
You will definitely get part of the mark, most of it actually. I am not sure how much it was out of, but at most, you will lose just 1 mark, if any.

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! And anyone got any idea about the reading of the ammeter question?

Reaction score
PeterG said:
Ok, thanks! And anyone got any idea about the reading of the ammeter question?
Yes it should be 0 A. That's because since there is a capacitor before it, the capacitor will store all the charge supplied by the battery, so the ammeter won't detect any.