• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
First thing first, many congrats on your Hifz :)

Now to query, I can only give basic suggestion here. The most difficult part is starting to study, once you get a hang of what is actually required it becomes easy to manage and divide your time then.

I would recommend starting with your syllabus, then going through your books and notes grasping the fundamentals of the topics and while you are doing that, just skim through past papers every now and then to know what is actually required so you don't de-rail. Once you have a hang of the fundamentals, then just past papers and marking schemes should suffice for final practice but only after you have a grasp on the fundamentals. This is usually enough to understand what is required by O Levels and to ace the subjects.

Good luck and keep us updated and feel free to discuss any questions you might have.

Reaction score
Assalamo alaikum Everyone, this might be a long post, but if someone could help me out it would really mean a lot.

After giving my final papers for Grade 8, I took a 1.5 year gap for hifz. Now that i’ve completed it, i will be joining O2 LGS in August. I have started private tuition for business, accounting, economic and maths. I feel comfortable about these subjects but my main issue is that I haven’t been briefed yet about what exactly O Levels is. So many different books about each subject, past papers, notes and so much more I dont know where to start for the other subjects because i wont be getting a tutor for that, khud he parhna sab ke liye.

Abhi jo mujhe aap logo se help chahiye is just a brief on how to study for o levels by yourself and secondly I wanna start studying Pak Studies and Islamiyat because these are the subjects i feel like mushkil hongay. I just wanna study these itna ke main jab o2 main jaaon i dont feel left behind.

Kindly recommend me how to start studying for these subjects, start kahaan se loon, lectures, books for LGS, notes (only if they will be helpful enough) and other things you feel like would help me catch up on what ive missed during these years.

One last thing, my main purpose of this post is that when i join o2 LGS, i know what im doing, dont feel left out and im on track with the class.
JazakAllah
congratulations on your hifz !!!
Well starting off with Pakistan studies you need to first read the book and understand the concepts thoroughly, second to make it easy you should buy past papers of redspot yearly and read them they will give you an idea of what type of questions are available and how to answer them while also conscising the concepts, it is for history part, for geography what you need to do is read out the book and take out the main points making a summary as past papers usually dont help otherwise buy MS book to get an idea what are the important things you should know. Islamiyat may a seem a bit lengthy as it covers up may chapters but to make it easy buy Dr. iftikhar and maulvi jahangir book and try to get notes of sir muzamil mehmood by any academy. start kahan say kerna hai history k liyey puri book parhni hai as for O2 and sem for geography. i dont know much about islamiyat as i am in O1 and also going in O2 in august. for O! chapters do prepare quranic passages 1-10 , history and importance of quran , life and importance of holy prophet pbuh, major teachings of ahadith of prophet, history and importance of ahadith , first islamaic community, the four rightly guided caliphs , pillars of islam.

now to sum it up all if you dont want to put in alot of effort , just read plenty of past papers. and its not difficult subjects just lengthy.
good luck for future.

Reaction score
First thing first, many congrats on your Hifz :)

Now to query, I can only give basic suggestion here. The most difficult part is starting to study, once you get a hang of what is actually required it becomes easy to manage and divide your time then.

I would recommend starting with your syllabus, then going through your books and notes grasping the fundamentals of the topics and while you are doing that, just skim through past papers every now and then to know what is actually required so you don't de-rail. Once you have a hang of the fundamentals, then just past papers and marking schemes should suffice for final practice but only after you have a grasp on the fundamentals. This is usually enough to understand what is required by O Levels and to ace the subjects.

Good luck and keep us updated and feel free to discuss any questions you might have.
Thank you for this. Really means alot