• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

14 mark questions in pst history

Reaction score
so normally we give a judgement that agrees with the question
like (do you agree that geographical factor was the reason for partition of bengal)
so is it always important that we agree with the question
can we not disagree with the statement

Reaction score
its not important to agree always cuz if u read the marking scheme they tell u both the sides of the q ....what we need to see is that which statement has valid points to justify the fact .

Reaction score
its not important to agree always cuz if u read the marking scheme they tell u both the sides of the q ....what we need to see is that which statement has valid points to justify the fact .
I REALLY NEED HELP
OK so the thing is I am confused about 7 marks. Like if the question is why did cripps mission fail? So what I do is I hop into the reasons and start like firstly, secondly and thurdly in 3 paras. Now is this correct or do I have to write a simplistic statement about the background of cripps mission like it's details also in the first para. Plzzzz respond

Reaction score
Always give some background! It increases your chances of getting a good score, plus my teacher doesn't even accept the answer without any background so, start with an opening statement, summing up what you're gonna write, and give background in the first paragraph. Cheers!

Reaction score
Always give some background! It increases your chances of getting a good score, plus my teacher doesn't even accept the answer without any background so, start with an opening statement, summing up what you're gonna write, and give background in the first paragraph. Cheers!
It's different for me tho :/ Like, if I give some background, in say two to three lines, my teacher will scold me because the question does not ask you about the background.
I should mention that I'm talking about 7 marks only. For 14 marks, you have to write background/introductory
paragraph.

Reaction score
u sureeee?
Salaam, aysha, Please can you help me decide how much would this response get out of 7 marks? I would be much obliged.
Why the Morley-Minto reforms 1909 were opposed by the Indian National Congress?
The Congress opposed and rejected the Morley-Minto Reforms of 1909 on account of many reasons.
Firstly, the congress had started demanding self-rule and independence of India while the reforms did not give any inclination to give any effective power to Indian people to run the government.
Secondly, the Reforms granted separate electorate to the Muslims. The Congress was in favor of joint electorate. The Congress claimed that it represented all Indian people and that separate electorate was undemocratic. Some Hindus also resented the relative high position of Muslims in the councils despite their much smaller numbers. Thirdly, the Viceroys council had no real power. These Indian members could only discuss and debate an issue and present their opinion in the form of suggestions. The real power rested with the Viceroy and Governors of provinces. Therefore congee

Reaction score
Salaam Tayyaba, Please can you help me decide how much would this response get out of 7 marks? I would be much obliged.
Why the Morley-Minto reforms 1909 were opposed by the Indian National Congress?
The Congress opposed and rejected the Morley-Minto Reforms of 1909 on account of many reasons.
Firstly, the congress had started demanding self-rule and independence of India while the reforms did not give any inclination to give any effective power to Indian people to run the government.
Secondly, the Reforms granted separate electorate to the Muslims. The Congress was in favor of joint electorate. The Congress claimed that it represented all Indian people and that separate electorate was undemocratic. Some Hindus also resented the relative high position of Muslims in the councils despite their much smaller numbers. Thirdly, the Viceroys council had no real power. These Indian members could only discuss and debate an issue and present their opinion in the form of suggestions. The real power rested with the Viceroy and Governors of provinces. Therefore congee

Reaction score
It's different for me tho :/ Like, if I give some background, in say two to three lines, my teacher will scold me because the question does not ask you about the background.
I should mention that I'm talking about 7 marks only. For 14 marks, you have to write background/introductory
paragraph.
Really? I don’t mean like you give full-on history of the background but just a brief line or two, just to make it clear of what you’re talking abou, cheers mate!

Reaction score
so normally we give a judgement that agrees with the question
like (do you agree that geographical factor was the reason for partition of bengal)
so is it always important that we agree with the question
can we not disagree with the statement
Not important to always agree to the statement as this is an opinion question