• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2012 Chemistry paper 6 CIE

Reaction score
Hey guys, my Chemistry paper 6 exam is tomorrow. (CIE) I was wondering, what are the areas that are most likely to come up. Anyone here can help me out? :S

Reaction score
hmm anything else guys? fast.. I really need to know this. i'ma end up doing an all-nighter :p

Reaction score
do go to sleep chem requires a well slept mind coz there is alot of thinking and evaulation in it so take rest
Ur rite
I like ur signature BTw so let's do gudd in these exams and bash the bad boys for gudd

Reaction score
c'mon guys I need areas where I need to revise :S faaast :p time is running out!

Reaction score
i am really panicking at the moment i don't know what exactly shall i do especially the last questions in each exam it brings experiments i have never heard of! !:((n)

Reaction score
ughh same! :S I love thermometer ones. where you take down the temps and plot it :p easy marks :D

Reaction score
yes there are some questions that say compare the volumes the answer is always "twice" and other questions such as electrolysis questions too easy ones :)

Reaction score
u just need to know that electrodes are made of graphite and the the anode is a positive electrode and cathode is a negative electrode. metals such as sodium potassium etc. are attracted to the cathode the nonmetals such as chlorine and oygen are attrated to the anode and that it is attrated in for of bubbles that is all u need to know for paper 6 electrolysis :)

Reaction score
thanks buddy :D so anode = Positive, Cathode = Negative. Metals attract to cathode (negative) , Non-metals gets attracted to Anode (positive) i didn't get the last part.. bubbles?

Reaction score
it ay ask u wat an u observe on the anode if eg. sodium chloride is electrolyised u say bubbles because chlorine will be attracted to the anode and chlorine is a gas so it will ascend to the anode in a bubble form got it?(y)