• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2058 Syllabus help needed !!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey it is written in the syllabus to write the main features of 6 Sunni books and 4 Shi'a books so what do this basically means?? This came in my mocks as a question that
Q1) What are the main features of 6 Sunni book and 4 Shia books ? [10]
Please help !!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The Six Sunni books (or the Saha Sitta) and 4 Shi'a Books, is a v.v important topic. This is a new topic and may come in this paper! So prepare it well.
Info about Saha Sitta is given in Farkhanda Noor Muhammad!

Four Shi'a books viz 1. Tahdhib al-Ahkam; 2. Al-Istibsar; 3. Man la yahdharuhu alfaqeeh; and Al-Kafi. You can find some features of these books on the net!

Reaction score
i think we have to write about the authors and the number of ahadis in each one......and just main main things in their importance
i prepared like that

Reaction score
In features we have to write about how they were compiled and what methods were used by these compliers ?? Should Detail about Compilers be also given in the features ??

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
i think we have to write about the authors and the number of ahadis in each one......and just main main things in their importance
i prepared like that
Like for e.g Imam Bukhari
so we have to write that how many hadith he recieved and what was the method of compilation he used and all that ??

Reaction score
no.....who compiled it,number of ahadis in it and which topics does the book mainly contains etc .......... write this for every book

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
no.....who compiled it,number of ahadis in it and which topics does the book mainly contains etc .......... write this for every book
Oh ok thanks !! :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Not at all. It's a [10 marks] question, remember? Accuracy + Time Management is more important.
Points like: No. of ahadith .. name of the author.. ( Out of itnay.. itnay ahadith were included in the book; baaki rejected) Like this..
5 points for each book would be ample.

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Not at all. It's a [10 marks] question, remember? Accuracy + Time Management is more important.
Points like: No. of ahadith .. name of the author.. ( Out of itnay.. itnay ahadith were included in the book; baaki rejected) Like this..
5 points for each book would be ample.
So that means if we are writing for Imam Bukhari then we would write
-He got 6,00,000 Hadith but accepted only 7397 hadith.
-His collection was a musnanaf Collection.
-He only accepted Sahih hadith and used to offer prayers and seek Allah's guidance before collecting the hadith.
-His books are divided into 97 books.
is this correct ??

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Language problem!
You are writing features of those books; not features of their authors! :|
Go like this: This book is called Al-Sahi meaning "The Authentic one" and it includes only authentic ahadith .. about 7397 - selected from about 6,00,000!
Clear?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
If you guys don't make it a 'chatting place', it, definitely, will remain safe!
Don't worry

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ that's what you usually don't do!
Glad, you're doing it this time (perhaps, you started this thread.. that's why)

Reaction score
hey i wanted to know do we write about where they travelled and what conditions they went through collecting soory if i am irking u but i want to know and yeah where do we get info on SHia books its not in FNM its almost not there just very few details thanks for being irked :p

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
hey i wanted to know do we write about where they travelled and what conditions they went through collecting soory if i am irking u but i want to know and yeah where do we get info on SHia books its not in FNM its almost not there just very few details thanks for being irked :p
Well Nibz told me that we have to write about the features of BOOKS not the AUTHORS and this is very important to Remember !! Leave the Shia one as it always comes in a choice !!