• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

2059 01 Please Try Help

Reaction score
WHY did the British gov send the simon commision to india? (7)
why was there so much opposition to the commision in India/ (7)
Why did Muslims oppose Nehru Report? (7)
Why did the nehru committee reject Muslim proposals? (7)

PLEASE TRY AND ANSWER ME. THANK U.

Reaction score
WHY did the British gov send the simon commision to india? (7)
why was there so much opposition to the commision in India/ (7)
Why did Muslims oppose Nehru Report? (7)
Why did the nehru committee reject Muslim proposals? (7)

PLEASE TRY AND ANSWER ME. THANK U.

Why was the simon commission sent to India?
Ans) -it came to India to draft the next indian constitution as a new constitution was needed after very 10 years
- the Conservative party sent it to India as it feared the electoral defeat from the Labour Party
-the ideology of nationalism was developing rapidly in the Indians so as to pacify indian feelings it was sent

Reaction score
can u plz post then?
Why did the simon commission fail?
-no indian representation in it
- the Muslims had demanded for Sindh to be separated from Bombay but this was not accepted
-also full autonomy was granted to provinces in their recommendations which angered Congress, and hence they rejected it too

Reaction score
You're welcome! Feel free to ask anything else, and as for your other 2 questions, I don't think such questions have ever come

yes i know i was just revising one last time and i saw these questions on the side of the nigel kelly book. u never know cie
O-O

Reaction score
yes i know i was just revising one last time and i saw these questions on the side of the nigel kelly book. u never know cie
O-O
Yeah but those questions aren't really 4,7 or 14 marks questions. They usually have one point to it..

Reaction score
During the ww1 british wanted its support from the Indians to fight against Germany & Turkey. The muslims saw the khalifa of the ottaman empire as a religious figure head and so this not enlist for the war. British seeing this promised to respect the khalifa after the war was over. This caused manyIndians to support the British in the war.
The british divided germany and announced the treaty of serves.This caused great resentment amongst the Muslims & so KHilafat movement was founded to save the Caliph.
It is also a fact that Khilafat movement was also formed because of deep seated Muslim distrust of British. Afghanistan & persia were ruled by Russia & British according to their will. The MUSlims in the subcontinent feared that the bristish would take over Turkey & thus would rule other Muslim states such as Makkah & Madinah. So this movement was formed as a result.

Gandhi along with Congress wanted to revenge the british for the Amritsar massacre. They also wanted to show that India was able for self-government & muslims & hindus are 1 nation. He wanted to prove 1 nation theory And so he joined the khilafat movement in the form of a no-cooperation movement. As a result many children left school, workers left their jobs, and british cloth was burned.

The policy of non-cooperation united Hindus & muslims towards a common aim that was to gain independence. It showed the hatred of Indians towards british rule and can be seen as the first step towards independence.
The Khilafat Movement made Muslims realise that they had political power. They come to belive that they don't need to depend on the british or the Hindus for their rights. Thus the Khilafat Movement can be seen as a fore runner to the pakistan movement.

Many children had left their studies as a result of non-cooperation. Many people had left their jobs and thus it affected them badly. The Muslims who migrated to afghanistan after India being called dar-ul-harb sufferd badly as they could not buy their property back after being rejected by the afghanis.Many died on the way back to india.
The khilafat movement divided Hindus & muslims futher apart. An attack bye moupla to the chauri chura policemen along with ending the khilafat movemnt by gandhi seriously affected the relations between the communities. Communal rioting occurred and both the communities lost trust in the other.

On the whole Khilafat movement had more advantages than disadvantages. It can rightly be called the for runner to the pakistan movemnt as the Muslims realised their status & came to know that they had to fight for their rights. They come to believe that they are not the pets of the British & does not have to depend upon hindus for their rights. Khilafat movemnt although had some disadvantages like Muslims suffering as a result of Failure of the migration to afghanictan, but these sufferings led to pakistan being created.

Reaction score
Ok so this question should cover both the negative and positive aspects, and the positive and negative aspects should be in different paragraphs.
Positive aspects:
-Muslims Gaines political confidence as they now knew how to run a campaign for any movement
-Muslims journalism started like Al-Hilal, Comrade, which gave a chance for Muslims to voice their opinion
-Hindu-Muslim unity was at its peak(don't mention about how it was completely ruined in this para, that would be for the negative aspect)
-Muslims were now more concerned about their situation in the subcontinent rather than focusing on external factors
-Muslims started trusting on their own political leaders
-Now they were fully convinced that neither the British nor Hindus could be relied upon for solving of their problems

Negative aspects:
-economic loss for those who had undergone hijrat
-Hindu Muslim unity was completely finished
-Muslims economical, social, educational identity was affected adversely
-They were now even more backward in the educational field
-The khilafat had itself failed to fulfill the objectives
-this movement was followed by a lot of communal violence and terrorism

My evaluation for this would be that it was quite important and not a total waste of time because Muslims got to learn a lot. But however they faced a lot of loss because of it, which is why it is sometimes regarded as a waste of time. But I disagree with that, I think it was very much needed and was the need of the hour in order to awaken the muslims