• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

4040 Statistics 2011 and Paper discussion after 24 hours

Reaction score
I just wrote that the difference between the median and the Quartile ranges was about the same so the median would be similar to mean.

I ignored the 90th percentile, as if we had to use it we should have been given the 10th percentile also to make a comparison.

Reaction score
tahatehseen said:
usman.1995 said:
tahatehseen said:
Any one out there?
There was a question like this:
If there are lets say 20 objects. And they have a mean of 240g and Standard Deviation of 15g. They are packaged into boxes of mass 50 g each.. What is the mean and standard deiation of the packaged goods?
mean....290
s.d ..same...15

So in the stats paper the packaged food items question.... Wasnt it similar?

listen listen listen it said find mean mass of tins of food ??? according to ur ques it asked mean of boxes? so ans wud b 290 and s.d 0 ...........!!!!

Reaction score
waztaz123 said:
I just wrote that the difference between the median and the Quartile ranges was about the same so the median would be similar to mean.

I ignored the 90th percentile, as if we had to use it we should have been given the 10th percentile also to make a comparison.
I was talking about Q8 the people who go to holiday resort with company! one which had histogram

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
waztaz123 said:

I was talking about Q8 the people who go to holiday resort with company! one which had histogram

Sorry but I can't confirm because I don't remember my own answer.

Reaction score
tahatehseen said:
waztaz123 said:
perfect1 said:
Alright, qs 2 (a) (iii) , answer was Quota, since it asked, first 3 boys and first 3 girls that enter the room. Answer to qs 6 (ii) was 5/6 + (1/6 x 3/4) = 23/24 . Answer to qs 6 (iii) was 23/24 x 23/24 x 23/24 x (1/6 x 1/4) = 0.037.

Why are you multiplying 23/24 three times???
The question just asked the probability "XYZ" won the prize the second time. Which is equal to just
(23/24)*(1/24)
Xyz won the exam in HIS second term! That is when ABC starts, ABC loses his first term, XYZ loses his first term, ABC loses his second term, and then XYZ wins his second term, and then the game stops. So it would be 23/24*23/24*23/24*1/6*1/4
It should be kept in mind that the game would end when someone wins
Could not have said it any better :)

Reaction score
Kind of stupid that I didn't manage to read the question properly but honestly the qasr noor hall was very distracting.

Reaction score
SORRY SALMAN, i was also tensed after reading your post coz several ans. of yours didnt match mine, thats why i said that :) MEANT NO OFFENCE! ;)
btw guys its QUOTA.. i found a question exactly like that in pp..

Reaction score
doctormani said:
tahatehseen said:

listen listen listen it said find mean mass of tins of food ??? according to ur ques it asked mean of boxes? so ans wud b 290 and s.d 0 ...........!!!!
I think you did not read the question properly! It said that find the Mean and SD of the Total Mass of the food tins. It is commonsense that it includes the food itself! :)

Reaction score
tahatehseen said:
doctormani said:
tahatehseen said:

I think you did not read the question properly! It said that find the Mean and SD of the Total Mass of the food tins. It is commonsense that it includes the food itself! :)
U are right the the question did clearly say total mass. So the answer for the mean would be previous answer plus the mass of empty tins. The s.d. would be the same as it is unaffected by addition.

Reaction score
I m Never gonna appear for Extra paper again! Today's paper was so hard! U call tell how hard it was but avoid revealing any CONTENT of the paper before 24 hours.

Reaction score
Yup, very difficult and mine went horrible. Did qs 7 , made a mistake there and that has cost me my A* :(

Reaction score
salman i think the percentile would be low!
many people at my centre were saying that: oi yar mujhei tou sirf XYZ aata tha.. baqi sab meinei chor diay:p :p.

Reaction score
I am seriously going to cry because it was THAT bad. I easily lost around 25 marks. Paper one I lost 10-12 max but this was outrageous!
It got harder from year 09 in '10 but this is unbelievable! And I only saw 5-6 students who CLAIM it was 'extremely easy'. For all I know it wasnt. Guys lets pray we get atleast As in the test. Because i can believe this just happened, and I have been scoring 90%s in past papers i got tested in.

Reaction score
YAR ..sedhii baat ye hai k paper was the toughest stats paper.....soo the percentiles would easily drop..

Reaction score
Students SHUGHAL mai hee stats denay a jatay hain...abb pata lagga haii k stats bhe koi subject hai