• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 2.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

(This is Paper 2 version 2. If anyone knows how to add this to the thread title, please tell me).
For the formulait was -b(-or+)(bsquared-4ac)over a if I wrote b instead of -b how many marks they will take.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
f
or the upper bond u will lose like 2 marks! and for the last answer u will lose the whole mark!
how the whole marks if working is done?!! btw already the upper bound carries 2 nd i did one step correct jst final answer wrong so how i lose full 2 marks??!!1 nd in distance i did 3 steps out of 4!!

Reaction score
sir if i did all the working in the distance question nd i forgot to divide 900 by 60 to get 15, how much will i lose?? btw i did all the working of the area :/
plus if i did the question of upper bound working but i wrote 6.15 instead of 6.1 but i did the working nd the absolute error part how much will i lose??!!
nd the question of writing to 2 significant figures i wrote 5.20000000 instead of jst 5.2 ,will this be wrong?? :(
You will get 2/4 or 3/4 for the speed-time question. It depends how generous CIE are.

If you wrote 6.15 for the bounds question, you will get 1 mark.

You will not get the mark for the significant figures question. The 7 zeros are 'significant' so you have rounded to 9sf instead of 2sf.

Reaction score
in significant figure question, i wrote 52 instead of 5.2 :(
do you think theyll cut marks? because their main purpose was checking if the student knows how to round their answer and not add zeros?
You will get no marks for this question.