• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
So what u say? DO i have chances to score an A or A* by any meanss?

Reaction score
Sir, what do you think of the exam? I mean, do you think it's harder or easier than last year?
I don't like to predict this. At first glance, I thought this paper seemed easier than normal Paper 2's. But I think many people will lose marks in the inequality and functions questions.

So I don't know :)

Reaction score
So what u say? DO i have chances to score an A or A* by any meanss?
You definitely have a chance of getting an A but you'll need a high score in Paper 4.

An A* may be out of reach if you got 35 in Paper 2.

Reaction score
Sir, according to your mark scheme, I've got 59-60 marks. Therefore, in order to get an A*, roughly what mark would I need to get in Paper 4?

Reaction score
Sir, according to your mark scheme, I've got 59-60 marks. Therefore, in order to get an A*, roughly what mark would I need to get in Paper 4?
I haven't seen Paper 4 yet so I have no idea. If you want an idea, have a look at grade boundaries from previous years (all can be found on this website) and find the average.

Reaction score
guys an A* doesn't exist at an individual level! but if u lost more than 25 marks in P2 u can kiss it good bye! total mark must not get below 175/200.... who ever did bad in P2 u can still make it up! P4 isnt harder its just longer.... a full mark is easy on both papers!
probably this year itll be 180/200 so actually more than 20 marks haha and yes ur certainly right about p4 to be honest its easier since less stupid mistakes r made~

Reaction score
OMG FULLL!!!! WOW MASHALLAH!!! my grade depends on cambridge if there generous or not.. either 67 or 68.. i made a very silly mistake in similarity and i still think the ans of function is 1/4x

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 2.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

(This is Paper 2 version 2. If anyone knows how to add this to the thread title, please tell me).
i got a 58/70. if my correction is right. what grade does that give me?

Reaction score
i feel like killing myself! instead of finding AND i found ACD. 180-103=77. So close T.T

Reaction score
I can't answer anymore questions today. I hope my solutions and answers on this thread have been helpful.

I'll be doing the same thing for Paper 42 on 14th May so look out for that thread.

Reaction score
How many marks will be deducted in the speed time graph question if answer is 900 km