• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
about 1/2(1/2x) wont the answer be 2x/2 since it will be 1/2/2x and the denominator becomes the numerator so therefore it will be 1(2x)/2??

Reaction score
Ahh, I made some really silly mistakes! I think I got around 63. :oops: I'm gonna need to work my butt off for paper 4! :coffee:

Reaction score
notnek01 i think i lost about 10 marks, how much at least should i get in the other paper to get an A*??
I cannot tell you since I don't know the grade boundaries for Paper 2 or Paper 4.

Over the last 2 years, the average mark needed to get A* is 175/200. So if this year follows the average, you'll need around 115/130 in Paper 4 to get an A*.

But the grade boundaries could be completely different for these papers.

Reaction score
about 1/2(1/2x) wont the answer be 2x/2 since it will be 1/2/2x and the denominator becomes the numerator so therefore it will be 1(2x)/2??
2x/2 = x :)

If you wrote 2x/2 then you'll get 1 mark because the question asks for the answer in it's simplest form.

Reaction score
I'm getting 63! which is exactly 90%!
But im still confused... in the set shading part 2, we had to shade A' intersection B' but in the answer A' U B' is shaded. can someone clear this??

Reaction score
damn cant believe i forgot to do that!!....anyways am getting about 62-64....jus need to work hard in paper 4!

Reaction score
How many marks will i lose for providing the correct answers for the inequality (-1,-2,-3,-4) without the working out?

Reaction score
I'm getting 63! which is exactly 90%!
But im still confused... in the set shading part 2, we had to shade A' intersection B' but in the answer A' U B' is shaded. can someone clear this??
For A' U B', you would shade the whole diagram.

What I have shaded is correct for A' intersection B'.

Reaction score
Okay, first, what if I wrote 1/x? Second, I wrote -0.4, -0.5, -0.6 with the same working. How much will I get for both questions?

Reaction score
How many marks will i lose for providing the correct answers for the inequality (-1,-2,-3,-4) without the working out?
This is a hard question to answer.

Most IGCSE questions only require the answer to get full marks. But 4 mark+ questions like this sometimes need working to get all the marks.

If you have written no working at all (or all your working is wrong), I'm 50-50 unsure whether you'll get 4 marks or 1 mark.

Reaction score
Okay, first, what if I wrote 1/x? Second, I wrote -0.4, -0.5, -0.6 with the same working. How much will I get for both questions?
You will get no marks for writing 1/x but you may get a mark for your working. What working did you write?

For the inequality question, if all your working is correct, I predict you will get 3/4 marks for that question.

Reaction score
I wrote all the working for both questions and it's correct. And what about the speed time graph? I made very thing except converting from hours to minutes. Thank you for the help!
You will get no marks for writing 1/x but you may get a mark for your working. What working did you write?

For the inequality question, if all your working is correct, I predict you will get 3/4 marks for that question.

Reaction score
As in do you consider this as a good grade?
This depends on you and since I don't know you, I can't answer your question.

I consider a B to be a good grade for most students. But you probably wouldn't be happy with a B and would consider this a 'bad' grade.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?