• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
I wrote all the working for both questions and it's correct. And what about the speed time graph? I made very thing except converting from hours to minutes. Thank you for the help!
You will get either 2/4 or 3/4 for the speed-time question. It depends how generous CIE are.

Reaction score
This depends on you and since I don't know you, I can't answer your question.

I consider a B to be a good grade for most students. But you probably wouldn't be happy with a B and would consider this a 'bad' grade.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
It aint a B, 63/70 is 90% which is an A*! :p

Reaction score
No it isn't. You can't get an A* for an individual exam.

I think you're not understanding what I'm saying. You'll have to be patient and wait for your grade from CIE.
Okay! So its an A then!
Do you know when will we get the results? It said mid of August but exactly when? Thanks.

Reaction score
well since you are a teacher can you solve paper 42 after its keytime has passed please so we can compare our answers please?
Thank you :p

Reaction score
well since you are a teacher can you solve paper 42 after its keytime has passed please so we can compare our answers please?
Thank you :p
As I said earlier, I will be uploading Paper 42 on 14th May.

I will make a new thread nearer the time.

Reactions: PQ1
Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 2.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

(This is Paper 2 version 2. If anyone knows how to add this to the thread title, please tell me).
hi sir, do you think this paper was tougher than 2012 and previous years, maybe through that we could have an idea about if the grade boundaries would be lower than may june 2012 which were 99 for paper 4 for an A, and 48 for paper 2.

through your mark scheme, i got 52/70 in paper 2,

how much would i have to aim for to achieve an A, overall?

Reaction score
question 16, the speed time graph
how did you get 15?
most of us got 900 km, by diving the graph in sections and taking the areas

Reaction score
hi sir, do you think this paper was tougher than 2012 and previous years, maybe through that we could have an idea about if the grade boundaries would be lower than may june 2012 which were 99 for paper 4 for an A, and 48 for paper 2.

through your mark scheme, i got 52/70 in paper 2,

how much would i have to aim for to achieve an A, overall?
My guess is that the A boundary will be higher than 50. But this doesn't really mean much for an individual paper. It's the combined score that matters.

I can only use previous years exams (P2 with P4) to guess what the A boundary will be but it could be completely different this year. If you want an idea, find the average of the A boundaries over the last 2 years.

Reaction score
Hi thanks alot, According to ur ms im getting 35/70!! SIR please can u tell me what grade will i expectt? and suppose i score more than 100 in p4?

Reaction score
Hi thanks alot, According to ur ms im getting 35/70!! SIR please can u tell me what grade will i expectt? and suppose i score more than 100 in p4?
135/200 will probably get you a B. The A boundary averages about 145/200 but it could be completely different for this paper.