• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 22.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

- I will not answer any questions like, 'What will I need to get this grade' or 'How hard/easy was the paper, what will the A boundary be'.

I will be posting solutions to paper 42 on 14th May in a different thread.

Attachments

• Paper2Ans.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 3,828
Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 2.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

(This is Paper 2 version 2. If anyone knows how to add this to the thread title, please tell me).

if i loose 6 marks which grade will it be and how much should i get so that i get A* in maths plzzzz
reply fast
i have crossed my fingers

Reaction score
if i loose 6 marks which grade will it be and how much should i get so that i get A* in maths plzzzz
reply fast
i have crossed my fingers
An A* doesn't exist for an individual paper. 64/70 will definitely be at least an A.

The grade for this paper isn't really important - it's the total mark out of 200 that matters.

Reaction score
An A* doesn't exist for an individual paper. 64/70 will definitely be at least an A.

The grade for this paper isn't really important - it's the total mark out of 200 that matters.

sir if i have any doubts in paper 4 would you help me out????

Reaction score
hey if for the similarity question we did everything except cube root how many marks will we loose and for the functions y cant it be 1/4x?

Reaction score
Oh okay lol, I removed the comment anyway. :( Are they strict in marking? I got 47 I guess, These small errors that caused me to lose marks, ahg i hope i do better in paper 4!!
Yes they are very strict when they mark. Stricter than I am :)

Reaction score
hey if for the similarity question we did everything except cube root how many marks will we loose and for the functions y cant it be 1/4x?
Similar shapes question : You'll get at least 1 mark and maybe 2. I would guess that you'll get 1 mark.

Functions question : Because 1/4x is not the answer :) Can you post your working to show how you got 1/4x then I can show you your mistake.

Reaction score
You're making it worst :( I feel terrible now, THANKS! And i have Ict & geo tomorrow. Well the past is past :) haha paper 4 is yet to come
Sorry - I probably shouldn't have told you that!

Just ignore everything I said and focus on your other exams. I'm sure you'll do well :)

Reaction score
Similar shapes question : You'll get at least 1 mark and maybe 2. I would guess that you'll get 1 mark.

Functions question : Because 1/4x is not the answer :) Can you post your working to show how you got 1/4x then I can show you your mistake.
look u do 1/2*(1/x) then it becomes 1/2/2x instead of writing it like that u just multiply 2 x 2x which is 4x thus its 1/4x