• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

8th May Maths Paper 2 full solutions

Reaction score
OW...i lost 5 marks...is it an A* or just a high A???
you can not get an A* on an individual paper. Paper 2 is worth 70 marks and paper 4 is worth 130 marks, so in total you have 200 marks. Depending on the marks overall, boundaries are being set. Generally (depending on the difficulty of the papers) an A* star would be around 160-175.

Reaction score
you can not get an A* on an individual paper. Paper 2 is worth 70 marks and paper 4 is worth 130 marks, so in total you have 200 marks. Depending on the marks overall, boundaries are being set. Generally (depending on the difficulty of the papers) an A* star would be around 160-175.
A* is expected to be @ 175 to 180 out of 200.

Reaction score
It changes every year and I haven't seen Paper 4 yet so it's impossible for me to know.
Our paper 2 was way easier than 2012 paper 2, but the paper 4 was harder than last year's (Variant 2). Once you see paper 42 could you please let me know your expectation for the A* threshold

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Maths Paper 22 question 18. As the answer I wrote down x is greater or equal to -4 and less or equal to -1, instead of -4,-3,-2,-1. Would I still get full marks for that?

Reaction score
Guys come on. He is doing this to help us not because he has to do it. Stop telling him to post it "faaaast" because he doesn't HAVE to do it.

Instead you should be thanking him for answering the paper and posting it here. You guys make it sound like he works for you. If I was him i could reconsider going through the effort of answering and posting it here.

You don't have to keep refreshing the page waiting for him to post it. Go do something else.

Reaction score
i made your same mistake. i think we will get 3/4 for that
I have a question regarding Maths Paper 22 question 18. As the answer I wrote down x is greater or equal to -4 and less or equal to -1, instead of -4,-3,-2,-1. Would I still get full marks for that?

Reaction score
I don't think so. The question asked for the integer values so you would lose 1 mark (previous past papers have done the same)

Reaction score
Our paper 2 was way easier than 2012 paper 2, but the paper 4 was harder than last year's (Variant 2). Once you see paper 42 could you please let me know your expectation for the A* threshold
It's the 14th in my country? Are we in different locations?

Reaction score
Guys come on. He is doing this to help us not because he has to do it. Stop telling him to post it "faaaast" because he doesn't HAVE to do it.

Instead you should be thanking him for answering the paper and posting it here. You guys make it sound like he works for you. If I was him i could reconsider going through the effort of answering and posting it here.

You don't have to keep refreshing the page waiting for him to post it. Go do something else.
Thank you.

The 24 hour rule means that I will probably post the solutions around 12pm UK time today.

Reaction score
Thank you.

The 24 hour rule means that I will probably post the solutions around 12pm UK time today.

sir you should also encourage other colleagues of yours who may have access to the paper, will be eagerly awaiting for the physics paper 3 marks after 16th may..thanks

Reaction score
sir you should also encourage other colleagues of yours who may have access to the paper, will be eagerly awaiting for the physics paper 3 marks after 16th may..thanks
Sorry, my school only has access to maths exams this year.

Reaction score
Hi,

24 hours have passed so I can upload my solutions to Paper 22.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

- I will not answer any questions like, 'What will I need to get this grade' or 'How hard/easy was the paper, what will the A boundary be'.

I will be posting solutions to paper 42 on 14th May in a different thread.
24 hours passed for paper 42 , can you please download it?