• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9701_w16_qp_42 :D EASIEST :P

Reaction score
i really hated how they did NOT put stress to electrochem and polymerization and DNA stuff.
i feel too many questions on hydrolysis of amides and way too many new questions compared to previous papers.
i really hope the A* treshold is below 190/260 or else im screwed
Ikr DNA stuff is good you can score easily there

Reaction score
did any of u find a time shortage and leave some questions blank?
i left almost 6 marks empty thinking that i would have time to come back to it later
i left that h formation and Cu percentage in brass halfways

Reaction score
did any of u find a time shortage and leave some questions blank?
I only left two marks blank, the solvent used for NMR, and why the ppt is insolube. the rest I may have done wrong but I didnt leave it blank xD

Reaction score
2NaN3 --> 3N2+2Na
the only way i got to know was becoz questio told it will decompose to its elements
igot the n3- ion question wrong.
according to wikipedia
Azide

Reaction score
What did u guys write for the ppt one in the second last question?..... my structure was 4 bromobenzoic acid (which we had to draw in the box) and reason for insolubilty was because it has two electron withdrawing groups on opposite sides

Reaction score
What did u guys write for the ppt one in the second last question?..... my structure was 4 bromobenzoic acid (which we had to draw in the box) and reason for insolubilty was because it has two electron withdrawing groups on opposite sides
(Y)

Reaction score
i also wonder why they did not put electrochem..Maybe its in paper 5,bear that in mind.......!!!!