• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A* ............. CALCULATIONS

Reaction score
hey guys on the grade thresholds there is written that grade A* does not exist at the level of individual component .....but there are some people on the forum saying that the formula for calculating A* is something like grade A -grade B and then add the difference to grade A u will get A* i just wanted to ask like if we get As in the whole three papers of chemistry so then it would becomr an A* or there is something else ........................please explain in detail :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Reaction score
Well it aint necessary that 2 As make up an A*. Last year I got two As in both components of Pakstds still they didnt make an A* overall..... :x

Reaction score
@brainiac: yeah ppl here are correct...now here's the thing..!! suppose u gave physics(as) only..so u'll have three papers...p1 p2 and p3.. now if gt for A is around 100...and gt for B is 90....then the difference between A and B is 10...so add that 10 to the gt of A..i.e 100..so out the total..if u got 110 or more..u will get A*!!