• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm revising for my A level biology paper and I'm so confused on how to explain the menstrual cycle,how those hormones function
Can someone please tell me a simpler way to get it,or summarized notes on it could help as well

Reaction score
someone please help me on vectors in polar form. Like,how do you get a distance from a line to a plane?

Reaction score
Guys if some one who has the course book, kindly take a photo of the pages related to Oxidative phosphorylation and ETC. I will appreciate it.

Reaction score
If anyone knows about this please answer:

I want my exam to be re-marked by CIE and i know that i will have to choose one of 3 steps, but i've looked it up and i dont think there is an option to completely re-check the exam. I've read that they only check to make sure they've added results up properly and not forgotten to mark any questions.
If someone knows whether they can actually PROPERLY re-check, then please tell me.

:|

Reaction score
If anyone knows about this please answer:

I want my exam to be re-marked by CIE and i know that i will have to choose one of 3 steps, but i've looked it up and i dont think there is an option to completely re-check the exam. I've read that they only check to make sure they've added results up properly and not forgotten to mark any questions.
If someone knows whether they can actually PROPERLY re-check, then please tell me.

:|

Hey remark means to add up the marks and to see whether they haven't given you marks in some areas while rechecking involves checking your paper completing and evaluating your performance as if they haven't checked your paper that's all I know you can check with your exam center or your school about the options of EQR. Moreover, there is a service where you can get a copy of your script and get your exam paper either get remarked or rechecked also. You can also check only one component, the one you think you have done it very well and think there is something wrong with the checking procedure. If I were you, I would recheck my paper because remarking is most of the times accurate.

Reaction score
Oh so they're different forms for re-marking and re-checking.
I'll make sure tomorrow with my teachers, thanks a lot :)

Reaction score
i want biology <9000> past papers ,combined can any one help . or please tell me the codes for the papers given in pakistan for theory and mcqs,

Reaction score
In the preparation of the slide for an electron microscope, why do we:

1 - Apply wax to it?

2 - Slice it?

Reaction score
can any one help me ,i need a e book of
Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook with CD-ROM <fourth or the third edition > ,
please send me a link

Reaction score
In the preparation of the slide for an electron microscope, why do we:

1 - Apply wax to it?

2 - Slice it?
1- dunno why.

2- coz electron micrographs are colourless and can only show 2D images, so sample cells are supposed to be cut (try to stay attentive in class:p)