• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
the only confusing thing is that the lung volume has to do something with todal capacity or breathing rate???
i think no. :/
in A : if we multiply number of breaths per minutes with tidal volume we get 8.4.( this is the amount of oxygen absorbed in one minute. )
in B : 9
in C: 8
in D : 6.8

B absorbs the max if ignoring lung volume
I got confused regarding the lung volume
ugh!

Reaction score
the only confusing thing is that the lung volume has to do something with todal capacity or breathing rate???
i think no. :/
in A : if we multiply number of breaths per minutes with tidal volume we get 8.4.( this is the amount of oxygen absorbed in one minute. )
in B : 9
in C: 8
in D :6.8
B absorbs the max if ignoring lung volume
Sorry for interrupting here, but there ws a slight mistake you made there. That answers u get by multiplying breathing rate n tidal volume are the volumes of air breathed in and out in 1 minute not oxygen absorbed. Because its stated that the efficiency here was same, the concept didnt really matter much but jxt wanted to correct that =)

Reaction score
Sorry for interrupting here, but there ws a slight mistake you made there. That answers u get by multiplying breathing rate n tidal volume are the volumes of air breathed in and out in 4 minutes not oxygen absorbed. Because its stated that the efficiency here was same, the concept didnt really matter much but jxt wanted to correct that =)
why sorry mate, u r helping me by correcting so plz keep doing it. wherever i am wrong or you think some point is missing, kindly identify it like you doing now.

then what's the concept here? i don't get it. will the lung volume have impact?

Reaction score
Sorry for interrupting here, but there ws a slight mistake you made there. That answers u get by multiplying breathing rate n tidal volume are the volumes of air breathed in and out in 1 minute not oxygen absorbed. Because its stated that the efficiency here was same, the concept didnt really matter much but jxt wanted to correct that =)
Well thanks. any suggestion wud go just fine =]

Reaction score
then what's the concept here? i don't get it. will the lung volume have impact?
As far as i understood this, lung volume has no impact. Maybe once we have the right answer we *could* make a connection. I did the same u did, multiply breathing rate with tidal vol ( the vol. of air breathed in and out in one breath). Doing so we get the amount of "air" entering lungs. Efficiency of gas exchange being same here means the ratio of oxygen absorbed is same for all but change will be becuz of air entered. More air entering, more absorption.

Reaction score
maybe because you are not thinking hard on this one. ;)
see the problem here is that the person who has antibodies for blood group A already can't go thru a transfusion of blood. so the people who don't have antibodies for blood group A are blood group A and AB. see the table. people with these two blood groups have no antibody for A.

B is the answer

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
boy are you kidding me :D
you can see that the de-oxygenated blood has just entered into the alveolus at A. there will be almost no oxygen at A. it can't be D because blood is leaving from the alveoli. gaseous exchange took place. oxygen concentration is highest at D
Oh dang! I was looking at it as arterial and venule end. My bad.

Reaction score
no.6 i don't get it. how do we calculate this?

q.16 i think its B because all the enzyme gets used up. the independent variable is substrate concentration which we are altering , dependent is enzyme , so at w n x the reaction rate becomes zero as all enzyme molecules are being used up.
Idk about the 6th one. A frnd of mine did. i dont get it anyway :/