• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Rate of active transport only increase if higher energy is provided in form of atp so more work can be done to move things against concentration gradient and obviously protein carriers for ions

Reaction score
I also chose D but a friend of mine said it is most certainly metaphase because (btw the question said in ONE nucleus) point X is at the very end of the stage which is before Anaphase (where the division actually happens) so point X is at the very end of metaphase. His theory makes sense tbh.
One more question, does anyone know any reliable Classifieds paper source other than save my exams? They have the most unreliable marking schemes ever. Dont waste ur money on it if you have recently found it.

Reaction score
I also chose D but a friend of mine said it is most certainly metaphase because (btw the question said in ONE nucleus) point X is at the very end of the stage which is before Anaphase (where the division actually happens) so point X is at the very end of metaphase. His theory makes sense tbh.
One more question, does anyone know any reliable Classifieds paper source other than save my exams? They have the most unreliable marking schemes ever. Dont waste ur money on it if you have recently found it.
but doesnt nucleus disappears at prophase and reforms at telophase?
do you know the year this question is from?