• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
And lower wp
Pls help me with this chem q plsss
as temp increase,
1:the maximum of boltzman curve is displaced to the right
2:the proportion of molecules with energy above any given value increases
3:the proportion of molecules with any given energy increases

why is 3 wrong???? and what does 2 mean

Reaction score
A scientist carried out an experiment to separate the organelles in an animal cell by mass.
The scientist mixed the cells with a buffer solution which had the same water potential as the
cells. He then broke the cells open with a blender to release the organelles.
The extracted mixture was filtered and then spun in a centrifuge at a speed that separates the
heaviest organelle. This organelle sank to the bottom, forming a solid pellet, 1.
solid pellet
liquid above
pellet
The liquid above pellet 1 was poured into a clean centrifuge tube and spun in the centrifuge at a
higher speed to separate the next heaviest organelle. This organelle sank to the bottom, forming
a solid pellet, 2.
He repeated this procedure twice more to obtain pellet 3 and pellet 4, each containing a single
organelle.
What is the function of the organelle extracted in pellet 4?

please help
s16 p12

Reaction score
A scientist carried out an experiment to separate the organelles in an animal cell by mass.
The scientist mixed the cells with a buffer solution which had the same water potential as the
cells. He then broke the cells open with a blender to release the organelles.
The extracted mixture was filtered and then spun in a centrifuge at a speed that separates the
heaviest organelle. This organelle sank to the bottom, forming a solid pellet, 1.
solid pellet
liquid above
pellet
The liquid above pellet 1 was poured into a clean centrifuge tube and spun in the centrifuge at a
higher speed to separate the next heaviest organelle. This organelle sank to the bottom, forming
a solid pellet, 2.
He repeated this procedure twice more to obtain pellet 3 and pellet 4, each containing a single
organelle.
What is the function of the organelle extracted in pellet 4?

please help
s16 p12
produce atp.

Reaction score
Pls help me with this chem q plsss
as temp increase,
1:the maximum of boltzman curve is displaced to the right
2:the proportion of molecules with energy above any given value increases
3:the proportion of molecules with any given energy increases

why is 3 wrong???? and what does 2 mean
Why do 2 and 3 sound the same?:confused:

Reaction score
same thing I'm asking
IMG_20180606_151619.JPG

Now I think that 2 is correct:p
The WHOLE curve shifts to the right. Energy above any value is the area under the curve to the right of that value...so if u shade areas of different values of energy, you will find that the area will be higher for the curve of higher temp(shifted to the right that's why)
As far as 3 is concerned, the proportion of molecules having a PARTICULAR VALUE of energy is the corresponding value of y axis so you can see from the above graph that at B, the proportion of molecules with B energy is higher for the higher temp but if u look at A, the proportion of molecules with A energy is higher for the lower temp...therefore, 3 is only correct for the region AFTER the 2 lines intersect
Hope this is helpful :)

Reaction score
Guys what option did you chose for chemical X funny how it reminded of powerppuff girls xD
And what about the left atrioventricular valve one and how was your paper hope it went good :)

Reaction score
X
Guys what option did you chose for chemical X funny how it reminded of powerppuff girls xD
And what about the left atrioventricular valve one and how was your paper hope it went good :)
one was phosphate..atria was higher pressure in atrium one I guess.
What did you write about sucrose and water transport.Did they mess up the wording or what lol???

Reaction score
X

one was phosphate..atria was higher pressure in atrium one I guess.
What did you write about sucrose and water transport.Did they mess up the wording or what lol???
Oh then i wrote 5 carbon sugar :/
I choose the one where aorta had less blood flow guess that was wrong. Dammit i screwed up biomcqs
It was C as phloem transports dissolved solution of sucrose