• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
From what I've read on the past papers, firstly you solve the first part of the exam in one hour and then they take the papers with exercise 1 from you, right? And give you the second exercise.

Reaction score
From what I've read on the past papers, firstly you solve the first part of the exam in one hour and then they take the papers with exercise 1 from you, right? And give you the second exercise.
No no, it's the same paper; it's just that they'll time you on the parts, i mean thats what happened last year, i dunno if they changed it, and:p yes, you'll have to waste some time drawing those tables.

Reaction score
So you can allocate time differently for each part?
We can't. Because it's a two hour paper i think, so an hour for exp an hour for microscopy. I mean my batch was huge, so we were separated into two labs; so the microscopy lab had the students who were divided to do microscopy first and the experimental lab had the students who did experiments first. then we switched when the time was over.

Reaction score
Asalaam alaykum, can anyone please help me with crop plants, i dont understand the different parts of the endosperm and all. Please anyone who has good notes on this, please please please post it, the Biology book i have doesn't have a lot of information on this. Please anyone. I beg of you. Need help urgently.

Reaction score
probably the ones you see on the slide when placed under the microscope.
And for the plan diagram, my friend, it only requires the outline of the drawing, so the inner folding and the number of layers or membranes you see. Never ever draw the components of the cell, like organelles. dornam this is especially regarding your drawing: you drew the nucleus. that's not supposed to be included in your diagram ever. Yes, label what you can (i.e the outline of whatever you're seeing on the slide) and don't ever label the cell organelles. I only saw the diagram and not the question. So i'm telling you how to draw the plan digram in general. however, if the question requires you to label the nucleus than i guess you should draw it and label it... i'm in A2, but i cannot forget the stern instructions my teacher had given me last year:p Wow, i still shake at my memories. I used to hate plan diagrams! :p Aahh.. i'll never want to repeat AS bio in my life!
They asked for a drawing, not a plan diagram, so you should draw as much as you can.

Reaction score
Hey , alsallamu alaykom ,What are the most common things I should be practicing drawing plan diagrams on?

Reaction score
I have a pretty silly question :p if we encounter a question for say, 5 marks, and the marking scheme gives 10 seperate points which are relevant to the question, does that mean we need to tell them all 10 separate points?
Nah..it means any 5 points from those given must be mentioned :)

Reaction score
Have you guys revised anything from AS syllabus for BIO P4? Please tell me which topics shall be revised....Soldier313 knowitall10 and others...please reply:)
Revise the sigmoid curve from igcse and the structure of the antibody from AS, i've seen a recent question on it....and do all the questions on biotechnology..the mark scheme has different methods that aren't mentioned in the book:)
In the end: Pray:) The best of all things to maintain:)