• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
That part is the most important part of the syllabus.
oh okaayy...

Which book do u use. ? the one which i have somewhat covers all the important points. U only need a few things to be learnt. Because the question based on this are repeated again and again in almost every paper in twisted ways. but the answers are the same.
i use the As Level and A Level Biology by Mary Jones....

Reaction score
upload_2014-2-23_15-30-14-png.36341

2. https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/upload_2014-2-23_15-29-34-png.36340/
3.upload_2014-2-23_15-37-30.png 4. https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/upload_2014-2-23_15-28-56-png.36339/
Igcse stuff
The above are the answers to Question No 8 a and b. These are the corrected ones so i posted them here. the marks i lost here are due to my untidyness, and Look carefully at my first answer.:p I forgot to write some important points first s i wrote them down by making a dot and a circle. So better be careful... :p Or else ull lose marks. Also the diagrams better be exactly those as given in the book. Just a safety precaution. :p

Reaction score
upload_2014-2-23_15-48-2.png
Igcse stuff
Im sorry the images arent downloading properly. This is the first pic of the above post which has not been uploaded properly. I hope u see the rest of them. The rest are in the correct sequence.

Reaction score
upload_2014-2-23_15-53-25.png
upload_2014-2-23_15-54-9.png

upload_2014-2-23_15-54-49.png
upload_2014-2-23_15-56-9.png
Its starts from May june 2007. ignore the above part. I dint draw diagrams here. But PLEASE do include diagrams as well. They are very very IMPORTANT.

Reaction score
Hello !
Can someone please help me in these Questions :
Q28 why C not B
As when humidity is high the transpiration rate is slow , stomata is closed !
Q29 why B not A
Q6 why A

Attachments

• 9700_w11_qp_11.pdf
    204.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hello !
Can someone please help me in these Questions :
Q28 why C not B
As when humidity is high the transpiration rate is slow , stomata is closed !
Q29 why B not A
Q6 why A
for 28 Well the transpiration is not slow because the stomata is closed actually its open stomata only closes in high temperature or Pressure
There is less transpiration because there is more concentration of H2O present in the Air than stomata so Transpiration does not happen cause transpiration is the moment of water from the leave surface from stomata due to change in pressure or temperature
Q29 plant's mesophyll manufacture sucrose which has to move to the sieve-tube membrane so they can be carried to the parts of the plant
but if you have a higher concentration of sucrose in the mesophyll then the mesophyll not carry out more photosynthesis
Q6 eukaryotic cells have nuclear membranes while the prokaryotic celss don't

Last edited:
Reaction score
for 28 Well the transpiration is not slow because the stomata is closed actually its open stomata only closes in high temperature or Pressure
There is less transpiration because there is more concentration of H2O present in the Air than stomata so Transpiration does not happen cause transpiration is the moment of water from the leave surface from stomata due to change in pressure or temprature
Thanks alot zainab :)

Reaction score
Hey guys, how are you supposed to answer graphical questions in order to gain full marks in theory P2 and P4
upload_2014-2-23_15-30-14-png.36341

2. https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/upload_2014-2-23_15-29-34-png.36340/
3.View attachment 36342 4. https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/upload_2014-2-23_15-28-56-png.36339/
Igcse stuff
The above are the answers to Question No 8 a and b. These are the corrected ones so i posted them here. the marks i lost here are due to my untidyness, and Look carefully at my first answer.:p I forgot to write some important points first s i wrote them down by making a dot and a circle. So better be careful... :p Or else ull lose marks. Also the diagrams better be exactly those as given in the book. Just a safety precaution. :p

Thanks a lot for the pics!:D ishaallah!

Reaction score
Hey guys, how are you supposed to answer graphical questions in order to gain full marks in theory P2 and P4

Thanks a lot for the pics!:D ishaallah!
Read the question properly first. because most of us (including me :p) dont. :p UNDERSTAND what the question is all about. Recall what is there in te specific chapter from which the question is taken. As long as its about describing its easy... But when it comes to explaining it, Thats where we lose marks. Try to link that graph withthat specific topic from the book and then try t answer the question. And some parts may include common sence. ::p Simpe common sence.

My pleasure.

Reaction score
Read the question properly first. because most of us (including me :p) dont. :p UNDERSTAND what the question is all about. Recall what is there in te specific chapter from which the question is taken. As long as its about describing its easy... But when it comes to explaining it, Thats where we lose marks. Try to link that graph withthat specific topic from the book and then try t answer the question. And some parts may include common sence. ::p Simpe common sence.

My pleasure.

Tha a lot!!!! I'll do just that :D Ishaallah

Reaction score
Reaction score
In some books it's written an organelle is located between the cell membrane and nucleus and in others any membrane-bound structure within the cytoplasm.

so if a question asks " Which pair of organelles has internal membranes?" and there are two options m confused about i.e should i choose "Chloroplasts and mitochondria" or "Chloroplasts and nuclei". If u know the reason then lemme know. :unsure:

Reaction score
In some books it's written an organelle is located between the cell membrane and nucleus and in others any membrane-bound structure within the cytoplasm.

so if a question asks " Which pair of organelles has internal membranes?" and there are two options m confused about i.e should i choose "Chloroplasts and mitochondria" or "Chloroplasts and nuclei". If u know the reason then lemme know. :unsure:
Chloroplasts and mitochondria