• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
infolded to allow expansion for increasing S.A not for gaseous exchange
yes to increase inflammation and make mast cells release histamine to attract nearby neutrophils.
Lol go over the questions again. A was that they're extensively folded to allow expansion....C was that they're folded to increase the SA. The answer was A....and in the second question, it said that histamine is released without antibody-antigen binding. See deep down we all know that these answers are damn weird

Reaction score
Lol go over the questions again. A was that they're extensively folded to allow expansion....C was that they're folded to increase the SA. The answer was A....and in the second question, it said that histamine is released without antibody-antigen binding. See deep down we all know that these answers are damn weird
yes, anyways we have finished p1... so no need further explanations :p

Reaction score
I know that :p
But precisely which step of translocation needs ATP?
1)for pumping H+ ions out of the seive tube (initial step of translocation) or
2)for loading of sucrose
i dont know about that.. but i think that it just is there to keep the seive tube celll alive.. and procide energy like respiration and stuff... do confirm from another source :)