• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
does anyone know how to do the serial dilution for example how can we dilute 0.6 molar to zero? please answer me guys asap
serial dilution- series of solutions in which each one has a concentration that is one tenth(or half) of the previous one so from 0,6 mol/dm3 you can make 0,06, 0,006 and so on OR 0,3 0,15 etc.
you'll get 0,06 by mixing 1cm3 of 0,6+ 9cm3 of H2O
you'll get 0,3 by mixing 5cm3 of 0,6 + 5 cm3 of H2O

Reaction score
If someone could give a list of the required plan diagrams( i.e. cross section of stem etc.) we should be able to draw for Biology paper 3 it would be greatly appreciated :)
Hey guys o_O
I had a doubt if some1 would help it would be a great help !!:)
In the microscopy part when they ask u to contrast between 2 figures what should be the main things that should contrasted on ?
like arrangement of vascular bundle . Pls add to this list bcuz i get confused here .

Reaction score
You should differentiate the 2 diagrams on the basis of their size,shape,no. of layers there are and organelles which are in AS syllabus.
Mostly diagrams of leaf structure(label vascular bundle is also asked) dicot root and stem and detailed diagram of Xylem vessel may be asked,But in recent 2014 9700 p 33 examiner had given the diagram and asked to make plan diagram of this and in Q2 he asked to make slides of yeast and observe them under microscope to answer proceeding questions.
Hope this will help and pray for my good grades.