• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Omg it did right? Even for chem. it did! They are kinda different, the papers this year.
The way the added Fill in the blanks after so long and they asked so less about plants i didnt like the balance of this paper probably losing alot of marks here. Idk about chem i am only giving paper 4 and 5 in chem.

Reaction score
for variant 22 what did people say passes into the red blood cells?
Like via cell membrane
and the part before it too like why are they kept in the saline solution?

Reaction score
Saline Solution, same water potential therefore no net movement of water by osmosis. About the RBC, I wrote O2, simple diffusion through the phospholipid bilayers due to its lipid solubility. The fill in the banks were stupid,
1. habitat
2. population
3. producers
4. niche
5. ecosystem

Reaction score
Saline Solution, same water potential therefore no net movement of water by osmosis. About the RBC, I wrote O2, simple diffusion through the phospholipid bilayers due to its lipid solubility. The fill in the banks were stupid,
1. habitat
2. population
3. producers
4. niche
5. ecosystem
I wrote Cl- instead of O2 ... you think it's correct? (they move in during bohr shift)

Reaction score
if its Cl then it would be active transport
right ?
I don't think so, what happens is that there is a specific protein that rapidly pushes HCO3- outside and Cl- inside. However, they never specified if it is active transport or facilitated diffusion.

Reaction score
1. habitat
2. population
3. producers
4. niche
5. ecosystem

ahh no :( i think i accidentally wrote "net movement" instead of "no net movement". How many marks do you think I'll lose if I got the rest of the answer right? :/

Reaction score
ahh no :( i think i accidentally wrote "net movement" instead of "no net movement". How many marks do you think I'll lose if I got the rest of the answer right? :/
If you wrote net movement in and out of the RBC then you won't lose any marks. But if you only specified one direction, like for ex net movement outside the RBC then maybe one mark.

Reaction score
The way the added Fill in the blanks after so long and they asked so less about plants i didnt like the balance of this paper probably losing alot of marks here. Idk about chem i am only giving paper 4 and 5 in chem.
I thought the same thing..its was not at all well distributed.:/

Reaction score
Hey.. how did ur paper go?
My paper was fine, did lots of silly mistakes though. I did one blank wrong and believe it or not, I didn't add the Oxygen in the structure of B-glucose :( :cry::cry:
Almost everyone in my batch had some trouble with the paper. No one really liked it.

Reaction score
for the B-glucose, the 5th C out of the ring i put ch3O instead of ch2Oh... think they'll give a mark?

Reaction score
Yeah, as long as you have only one mistake(like me :cry::cry::cry:) you will get a mark. SO STUPID! I'm srsly pissed of that stupid mistake.
-___- same here I too am pissed of ..!1 blank wrong.. AVN wala question bhi wrong..and the last question of graph was difficult:/