• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Level Computing Project

Reaction score
Hey, I am a A-2 Student From Nepal and i am planning to appear the examination of May\June 2012. For Computing Project I need your comments as a support. I am planning to develop a Restaurant Management System but got confused in developing the forms. Anybody with the better knowledge of Restaurant Empire, Please provide me some Application Forms used in Restaurants like Recipe Registration form, Staff Registration Form, and many more. If not you can also help me by leaving some important tips for developing a computing project............................................Thanks in advance guys

Reaction score
First of all collect all the information regarding the proposed system before starting a project. You need to take notes and find out what it would contain. The ideal features would include: Ordering and processing slips and bills, records of employees and their salary processing system (batch processing), record of food items that are provided, record of reservations, updating of records. Thats all I can think of on top of my head.

Well, it is entirely up to you how to put those systems in different forms. I would advise you to take menu approaches via either an MDI or own own interface. Make use of tabs instead of sub forms.

You do have a lot of time so it would be no problem

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
^ true,
also make a paper plan of your project.. on a sheet of paper make forms (relevant data fields on them) and show their relations using arrows, on another sheet make corresponding database tables.. gives you an idea how your program flows, what feilds are interrelated etc.. it helps to have an overview.
if you have an overview in mind making forms wd be easy, inshaAllah.

Reaction score
Does it matter if I use SQL server or MS ACCESS as Database backend ????

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
don't know, it shouldn't.. Both can do the job... But Sql is favoured in practical life..

Reaction score
People,I am thinking to design a project for water filling billing system. Is this a good idea,what do you think?