• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
My bad, it should be D.
My sir explained and told me that I didn't read the question carefully.
It says that the Consumer surplus should be equal, if you see the values of D, you'd notice that Jane is $6 and therefore getting a consumer surplus of $4. Sara pays $4 and therefore gets Consumer surplus of $4 and lastly, Yasmin pays $2 and gets consumer surplus of $4.
I hope you get it now. I'll explain the farmer's income one with the help of diagram shortly. :)

Thanks man! It was so straight forward but I didnt see it the first time :/ you opened my eyes haha! You in AS too?

Reaction score
Hey! Hi! Are These questions gonna come in the exam or similar ones are gonna come out well i am kinda confused but Sir if you are going to send it to him can you send it to me as well to this address [email protected]

Hey Sir!! Sorry this is a bit late but if you do not mind.. I would also like to receive the paper? My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you!

Reaction score
a.o.a sir qamar. you are an immense help to us students during such critical period of preparation for a levels. but i really want to know that when will you post guess paper for as level economics. there is hardly any time left for further preparations. we are waiting eagerly. kindly post it. may god bless you. jazakallah.

Reaction score
I am going to appear for GCE A LEVEL Economics , please tell me if section B question do repeat or there are new question every year . As I am currently doing JUNE 2004 paper p4 , have just started it or should i go backwards from 2012

Reaction score
Hi Mr. Qamar i want to have the books you have prepared and i was not aware of the treasures that you had prepared. I just saw them today and i want to buy them. However i am living in turkey so i dont know how to help them can you help me?

I guess you did not have Economics last year , you shifted to commerce ?

Reaction score
I am going to appear for GCE A LEVEL Economics , please tell me if section B question do repeat or there are new question every year . As I am currently doing JUNE 2004 paper p4 , have just started it or should i go backwards from 2012
Dear it does not matter whether u start from the 2000 paper or 2012 paper. u must have solid concepts. Dear keep in mind that CIE is always unexpected like british weather and fuzzy like london smog.
But u need not to worry about that if u have solid concepts.
I would like to say about repetition of question, CIE examiner is bound to change the statement of questio every time. But it does not mean that he will give some different question but he has to change the question style of same question. But the answer can be exact same for both the statement. If u r confused to understand the questions then get the books by qamar baloch in this regard. These are complete solution to this issue.

Reaction score
Please help me solve this question ASAP
Dear its really a very tricky question. most of the candidates were unable to understand it. Let see how to solve it.
The answer for this question is 1000 tonnes. But how? see.
1. Initiallt income at equilibrium is 10,000. i.e. Price multiply by quantity. price is 5 and quantity is 2000.
2. This income can be attained again when price is 2 and quantity is 5000.
3. At price 2 there is surplus or excess supply equal to 1000 which should be demanded to meet the requirment of same income.
4. You may be confused about 1000. is it so?
5. if yes then see the graph at price 2 demand is 4000 and supply is 5000. Supply is greater than demand which is known as surplus.

On x axis quantity is given in '000' which means thousands.
Hope the question is answered.
Relpy if u got it also reply if u could not so that i may explain it other way.

Reaction score
Hi dear students I remained busy for the exams reasons and could not explain your questions immediately. But now I will try to be in touch with you. Keep on working hard to get wonderful results. I am here to help you out to the maximum extent I can.

Reaction score
Country you're familiar with means your country, now we've to state here what comparative advantage basically is along with an example and a diagram. Now you've to analyse all the assumptions of comparative advantages; example: No transportation cost, only 2 economies in the globe and only 2 good being produced. Then explain absolute advantage, here in Pakistan, absolute advantage is used as it whatever there's in greater quantity is exported.
Thanks Salman
For such a wonderful explanation.

Reaction score
a.o.a sir qamar. you are an immense help to us students during such critical period of preparation for a levels. but i really want to know that when will you post guess paper for as level economics. there is hardly any time left for further preparations. we are waiting eagerly. kindly post it. may god bless you. jazakallah.
Soon dear. Insha Allah.

Reaction score
describe how living standars in a country can be measured?
Define Standard of living SOL
1. Explain real GDP per capita as a measure
2. then explain all these factors in this regard
Positive and negative externalities
Number of people per doctor
number of durables per person
infrastructure
birth and death rate
safety and security
exchange rate
quality of goods and services
working hours
HDI
RPI
MEW and
NEW
etc

Reaction score
Define Standard of living SOL
1. Explain real GDP per capita as a measure
2. then explain all these factors in this regard
Positive and negative externalities
Number of people per doctor
number of durables per person
infrastructure
birth and death rate
safety and security
exchange rate
quality of goods and services
working hours
HDI
RPI
MEW and
NEW
etc
Nice points sir

Reaction score
Dear its really a very tricky question. most of the candidates were unable to understand it. Let see how to solve it.
The answer for this question is 1000 tonnes. But how? see.
1. Initiallt income at equilibrium is 10,000. i.e. Price multiply by quantity. price is 5 and quantity is 2000.
2. This income can be attained again when price is 2 and quantity is 5000.
3. At price 2 there is surplus or excess supply equal to 1000 which should be demanded to meet the requirment of same income.
4. You may be confused about 1000. is it so?
5. if yes then see the graph at price 2 demand is 4000 and supply is 5000. Supply is greater than demand which is known as surplus.

On x axis quantity is given in '000' which means thousands.
Hope the question is answered.
Relpy if u got it also reply if u could not so that i may explain it other way.
Great sir
Its really helpful to understand.
Thanks a lot