• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level Economics:

Reaction score
In question related to unemployment your were to explain causes of unemployment in part a.
while part b was given in another question of guess that was related to control inflation.

Reaction score
Ok sir, Questions I did in the exam were 4 and 6. I mistakenly wrote 2 and 4 above.

I don't remember the exact wording, but remember it vaguely :

4a) How can there be rapid growth and inflation at the same time.
b) What policies can governments use to control inflation.

6a) What are the causes of an increase in unemployment.
b) What are the impacts of an increase in unemployment?

Reaction score
I don't remember question 1. But a guy I've been inboxing with told me 2A) being on the equi-marginal principle.

Question 3 was on Wages. Basically wage determination under prefect compeition.

Question 5 was on something about developing and developed countries. I don't remember.

Question 7 was on Efficiency and whether this is possible in Perfect Competition. Something like this.

Reaction score
We can discuss the paper and evaluate how helpful guess paper was. Did it help u?

Your guess paper question 1 was spot on. Question 2 was spot on as well but not a 2 part question. It was a 25 mark question. And question 7 somewhat spot on. Instead of question B being on how interest rate policy prevents inflation it was "what policies could a government use to control inflation."

Reaction score
Someone please have a look at this- why is the answer C?

The relative prices of goods reflect their marginal utilities rather than their total utilities.
What is explained by this statement?

A the law of diminishing returns
B the limitations of marginal utility theory
C the paradox of value
D the role of prices as a rationing mechanism

Reaction score
I guess

The relative prices of goods reflect their marginal utilities rather than their total utilities.

C the paradox of value
I guess it's c not sure

Reaction score

C the paradox of value

Well you see the paradox of value stems from the debate as to why diamonds are higher in value compared to water, this is because diamonds have a higher marginal utility and water has a higher total utility, this was an argument brought up by Adam Smith himself to explain what market values actually express, that is whether it is the marginal or total utility, thus paradox of value was the name of this debate, so your answer is C :)

Reaction score
Well you see the paradox of value stems from the debate as to why diamonds are higher in value compared to water, this is because diamonds have a higher marginal utility and water has a higher total utility, this was an argument brought up by Adam Smith himself to explain what market values actually express, that is whether it is the marginal or total utility, thus paradox of value was the name of this debate, so your answer is C :)

Thanks a lot dude, that really helped a great :D