• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

"A-Level exams are finally going to get harder" -CIE

Are we dead?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
CIE said that A level students are getting too much of good grades recently so has decided to increase the difficulty. Here is the official video

I know some of you might say this only applies for UK but incase you didn't know A Levels is the same worldwide unlike IG and GCSE

Reaction score
Btw doesnt tht mean even lower gts?
50 pr A !!! 50 per A!!!
Lol!!
This is serious man!!:/

I doubt that... I think they'll become strict in checking and limit their GT calculating method or something, so the GTs are higher, and make tougher papers, like the ones that used to come 1984-2001.

... I think we AS students should be spending next year doing really old papers. Someone find, scan and upload them. >.<

Reaction score
the gt will be without any doubt other wise there will too less of A and A*

Reaction score
If its going to affect us then it will affect all of the world !! it would be difficult for every person taking A levels... so why worry just give your best... what can you do? go to Cambridge University and request them that please have pity on us? What we can do? Study !! thats what we can do and thats what we should do.... i repeat what i said earlier in some other thread that do what you can do... practise papers,clear concepts,clear any doubts, follow the syllabus (obviously nothing comes out of syllabus ;) ) and Pray always to Allah Almighty :) ..... we can do these things.... if we do this and complete preparation and feel confident that come what may I will INSHAALLAH give a great paper... you will INSHAALLAH get the best grades...

I pray that we all get the best grades Ameen :)

Reaction score
If its going to affect us then it will affect all of the world !! it would be difficult for every person taking A levels... so why worry just give your best... what can you do? go to Cambridge University and request them that please have pity on us? What we can do? Study !! thats what we can do and thats what we should do.... i repeat what i said earlier in some other thread that do what you can do... practise papers,clear concepts,clear any doubts, follow the syllabus (obviously nothing comes out of syllabus ;) ) and Pray always to Allah Almighty :) ..... we can do these things.... if we do this and complete preparation and feel confident that come what may I will INSHAALLAH give a great paper... you will INSHAALLAH get the best grades...

I pray that we all get the best grades Ameen :)

thanks but we are taking about the whole concept that CIE says "oh look too many students are passing lets make them fail!"

Reaction score
Of-course this concept of theirs is wrong.But question remains : Can we change this thing? Can we put his into their minds that please dont make us fail?

Reaction score
stop this bull shit already ... UK has edexcel , NOT CIE ... CIE is INTERNATIONAL examinations ... dont u get it -.- ?

Reaction score
stop this bull shit already ... UK has edexcel , NOT CIE ... CIE is INTERNATIONAL examinations ... dont u get it -.- ?

and has CIE too duuuuuuhhh

even look it up in wikipedia GCE a levels is same as international CIE a levels and why would BBC lie ಠ_ಠ

Reaction score
i applied after my igcse to a level colleges in UK , all of em have edexcel NOT CIE ... GCE A LEVEL is also known as edexcel there ... past paper ki file hee khol k dekh lo there is GCE edexcel a level

Status
Not open for further replies.