• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level mechanics HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
lol man read the question properly these forces are nt vertical but horizontal and these foreces represent direction of movement like front or back or right or left

Reaction score
but the thing is when i resolve for the X direction i get a correct answer that part is good but when i resolve for the Y direction including the weight of p i get a wrong answer but then i checked the marking scheme and find out that they haven't even added the weight for the Y direction.. that is the most confusing part cuz usually when the block or particle is in equilibrum and has a mass i usually take the weight as well

Reaction score
as I told you before these ar horizontal forces nt vertical, in other wrods you dont add the weight becaue forces in y direrion in this question moves object forward and backward nt up and down, it like movin box forward without raisng it up, simply the weight is perpindicular to these forces

Reaction score
as I told you before these ar horizontal forces nt vertical, in other wrods you dont add the weight becaue forces in y direrion in this question moves object forward and backward nt up and down, it like movin box forward without raisng it up, simply the weight is perpindicular to these forces
Dude look at the marking scheme they are giving a mark just for resolving in the X and Y direction... what you are saying is only restricted to the X direction

Reaction score
1)resolve all forces, 5sintheta will be equal to 4.8 so cancel each other
2)5costheta+6.1 =7.5
3)since the speed is constant means Ef=0 so force applied is equal to frictional force