• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can u please give me the answer for these questions..Thank u

1.)Give an example for a statement of Fact and write down the data that could be extracted from it. What are the variables in your data? Point out a qualitative variable, a discrete variable in your data and state whether they assume continuous values or discrete values.

2.)Explain the following drawbacks in the application of stem and leaf diagram to a data set?
(a) Unsuitable for a single digit data set
(b) More meaningful if it is ordered
(c) Not useful if the stem assumes the same number
(d) Not suitable for large data sets

Reaction score

1.)Give an example for a statement of Fact and write down the data that could be extracted from it. What are the variables in your data? Point out a qualitative variable, a discrete variable in your data and state whether they assume continuous values or discrete values.

2.)Explain the following drawbacks in the application of stem and leaf diagram to a data set?

Reaction score

Reaction score
Reaction score
AliyaP said:
post#541
Tanweer Joomunbaccus said:
Can u guys please help me in June 2012 paper 62 no-3 :( ?​
post#542

mynameisjh Btwn pls mind helping(if u can) AliyaP n Tanweer Joomunbaccus .... Thank u.

(PS. i wud hv helped bt i am done wid Alevels n i had created this thread for i loved S1 n believed you ppl will continue helping each other like my Xtremepapers brothers and sisters did back during my time)...

Reaction score
How to calculate the class width and midpoint for finding the mean?
May/June 11 p-61 no.6(iv).
Shouldn't the midpoint be 50 but it is given as 50.5.can someone please explain asap!!

Reaction score
How to calculate the class width and midpoint for finding the mean?
May/June 11 p-61 no.6(iv).
Shouldn't the midpoint be 50 but it is given as 50.5.can someone please explain asap!!

See first of all you should realize that there is minumum 1 person in the school or it isn't a school anyway. If this idea isn't supportive then,
You can see that the next bar that is <= 100 means that's the next boundary starts from 101-150 hence the first boundary starts from 1-100 so the midpoint is 1+100/2= 50.5

Last edited:
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2