• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A level Statistics doubt??Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
oh sorry, i didn't notice that, i think that the ms has gone crazy lol
on the question paper it says 16 teams play in the second round.
on the ms it shows 2 round-8 teams. ?

what do you think? :p
on the second round 8 teams will be playing, (16/2) but why the extra 5th match with the extra frequency of '2'? :(

Reaction score
on the second round 8 teams will be playing, (16/2) but why the extra 5th match with the extra frequency of '2'? :(

i don't get it, the first match should have all the participants(32 teams), right?

Reaction score
sma786
C out of 32 only 16 teams qualify n dat 2 through 1 match so only 16 teams make it to d 2nd round! N also c here dis game is betwn 2 teams- so 16 matches are played! so in each match 1 wins n 1 loses N as soon as 1 team loses that team is out of the competition.
So now u have 16 teams to play 8 matches(1 match = 2 team) n now just as previous 8 teams only stays in the competition.so this disqualified 8 teams have played 2 matches! Now u have 8 teams n so again 1 match=2 teams so 4 matches held… n 4 teams disqualified so this disqualified 4 teams hv played 3 matches! Now u r left with 4 teams did 4 teams is entering round four… c nw 2 teams will leave the competition n 2 will remain to go to round 5! So the two teams disqualified in round 4 hv played 4 matches since they entered the competition! The last two teams are the only ones that play till 5th round! N the winning team is the winner as dere is no more team 2 compete wid!!!

Now y we haven’t considered 32 teams playing 1 match ? Cz among d 32 16 will go to round 2 n will play their 2nd match … So it goes on as such!
Conclusion: U only consider the no of team dat hs nt played mr than dat no. of matches!

Hope I cud clear u out! This some nids a lot of patience … jst such sum dnt cum in xam or else I m done for!!! :p
i hate stats lol, wait ..

i need to know lol, no explanation yet :)

Reaction score
4.ii. consider the six tallest as just one unit, so all in all there are 5 people standing in one line, so no. of arrangement = 5!
now, the six tallest people can also arrange themselves in 6! ways.
so total arrangement = 5!*6!

hope this helps!

Reaction score
sma786
C out of 32 only 16 teams qualify n dat 2 through 1 match so only 16 teams make it to d 2nd round! N also c here dis game is betwn 2 teams- so 16 matches are played! so in each match 1 wins n 1 loses N as soon as 1 team loses that team is out of the competition.
So now u have 16 teams to play 8 matches(1 match = 2 team) n now just as previous 8 teams only stays in the competition.so this disqualified 8 teams have played 2 matches! Now u have 8 teams n so again 1 match=2 teams so 4 matches held… n 4 teams disqualified so this disqualified 4 teams hv played 3 matches! Now u r left with 4 teams did 4 teams is entering round four… c nw 2 teams will leave the competition n 2 will remain to go to round 5! So the two teams disqualified in round 4 hv played 4 matches since they entered the competition! The last two teams are the only ones that play till 5th round! N the winning team is the winner as dere is no more team 2 compete wid!!!

Now y we haven’t considered 32 teams playing 1 match ? Cz among d 32 16 will go to round 2 n will play their 2nd match … So it goes on as such!
Conclusion: U only consider the no of team dat hs nt played mr than dat no. of matches!

Hope I cud clear u out! This some nids a lot of patience … jst such sum dnt cum in xam or else I m done for!!! :p
got it, but wouldn't there be only 1 final match in the 5th round?

Reaction score
wow, yeah sure :D

Hope I cud help!

Reaction score
in the rest we write how many matches they played, but in the 5th we write how many teams? :(

oh no ummm... ok c d table on d ms it says no. of matches(x) above n no. of teams (f) below so wat happens is dat only two teams make it to a fifth match so u have two below 5! uh tell me if i cudnt clear u still!