• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-level suggestions

Reaction score
I have taken O-Level exams this June session.
And will InshaAllah start A-levels.
What subjs do I need to opt for electrical/mechanical engineering field.
I didn't study add-maths in O-levels but want to study Further maths. Maths is my best subj. What do I need to do?

Reaction score
I have taken O-Level exams this June session.
And will InshaAllah start A-levels.
What subjs do I need to opt for electrical/mechanical engineering field.
I didn't study add-maths in O-levels but want to study Further maths. Maths is my best subj. What do I need to do?
math ,further math, physics and chem is good

Reaction score
If you did not take Add maths , my advise would be not to take further maths

Reaction score
Yes, they are , if u wanna give an extra subject, give urdu or socio or GP
not further maths!

Reaction score
Until now Physics Chemistry Maths is confirmed.
4th one is a problem...I don't have interest in Languages and Computer Studies.

Reaction score
Then how do u rate Thinking Skills

Thinking Skills has no worth or credit in terms of university admissions. Although the course work may teach you some essential techniques for answering questions of other Subjects it cannot be considered as an additional subject. How about Economics if you are looking for challenging course work (it is well credited).
If you are looking for an easy scoring subject sociology may be an option assuming that you have good rote learning and essay writing skills. :p

Reaction score
^^^^^ And the same goes for G.P

Don't even think of giving it, as it will just be a waste of time, English Language would be a better option.

Reaction score
it is better to take 3 as max in a levels because like this u will have more time to concentrate on each subject and so u can start past papers having enough time for each subject do not do my mistake(n):cry::giggle::mad::confused: took 4 and there was no time to concentrate will on all subjects i know some one want to be as u i think and took only 3 +all my friends in class about 98% have took only 3

Reaction score
Thinking Skills has no worth or credit in terms of university admissions. Although the course work may teach you some essential techniques for answering questions of other Subjects it cannot be considered as an additional subject. How about Economics if you are looking for challenging course work (it is well credited).
If you are looking for an easy scoring subject sociology may be an option assuming that you have good rote learning and essay writing skills. :p
so thinking skills is considered as half credit or full credit?
and how do you know university dont appreciate it

Reaction score
so thinking skills is considered as half credit or full credit?
and how do you know university dont appreciate it

I didn't actually get your point of 'half' or 'full' credit. Simply put thinking skills is not considered as an additional subject and has 'no credit'. I know this because i had thinking skills at A level and all my university offers either from UK or in pakistan categorically disregarded my Thinking skills grade. For instance, my Durham university offer was A*AA in any subject except Thinking skills.

Reaction score
I didn't actually get your point of 'half' or 'full' credit. Simply put thinking skills is not considered as an additional subject and has 'no credit'. I know this because i had thinking skills at A level and all my university offers either from UK or in pakistan categorically disregarded my Thinking skills grade. For instance, my Durham university offer was A*AA in any subject except Thinking skills.
thanks alot brother for sharing.
so what other subject youll adivce which would be related to engineering dubjects like math, chem and physics

Reaction score
^^^^^ And the same goes for G.P

Don't even think of giving it, as it will just be a waste of time, English Language would be a better option.

Well General Paper is compulsory for university admissions. The only alternative to it is English language which needs to be treated & prepared for as an individual subject. Even then English language is not considered as an additional subject.

Reaction score
thanks alot brother for sharing.
so what other subject youll adivce which would be related to engineering dubjects like math, chem and physics

Opt for any extra subject you like or want to learn about if you want to take an extra subject for the sake of it for e.g Economics (if you are interested in economy), Business studies (if you want to learn about business), Psychology (teacher is needed for preparation in most cases), Sociology (can be self-studied), Urdu (not credited by some universities abroad). As i said before if you want a challenging subject you can take economics. However if you need an easy cut sociology is good (but you need to be good at rote learning). Furthermore, given the pressure and different structure of A level in comparison to O level I would advise you to attend a few A level classes and then if you feel comfortable with taking extra elective, start studying for AS level sociology (privately) 6 months before A1 examination.
Best of luck ! :)

Reaction score
I did further maths without a strong background in maths before hand. It would really depend on how long you plan on studying and your math ability. Futher maths will screw you ten times over if you don't know what your doing! My friend who will be studying mechanical engineering wrote maths, physics, chemistry in the may/june exams and will be writing further maths in oct/nov

Reaction score
A senior has suggested me to take F.maths for 4 5 months and continue it if it doesn't causes problems.
How about that?