• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Levels subject choice urgent help required..!!

Reaction score
Guys if a student hasn't took biology in o levels and wants to take in A Levels, can he opt it? Actually my younger brother is to take admission in a levels and he wants to take maths physics chemistry & bio to open his options to both medical and engineering. Is it possible to cover A levels biology without a base, as he doesnt know anything about biology.

Reaction score
It is, however it wont be easy.

Difficult, but not impossible. If he wanted to pursue medicine why not opt for it in O Levels? Heck, I opted for it despite being sure that I wouldn't touch med later in life since like 7.

Although, IMO, take a week or two to be sure which career path to choose. It must be something he enjoys earnestly, and doesn't be just for the sake of it. You don't want to be stuck with a career path that you repent for the rest of your life merely because you have no interest in that. Life's short and once only. Live it to enjoy it & to your potential.

Pick one career path, take its subjects, and then get the grades to pursue that. Don't tkae it to Plan B and Plan C.

Reaction score
Well,It would be quite difficult as AS-Biology has quite a relation with the biology in O'levels,it's like the main concepts are made in o'levels and then they build up those concepts and some other new things in A-levels...If he wants to opt for bio he can but then he must atleast buy o'levels book in theses vacations before school starts and go through the biology book for o'levels maybe that might help him =) Remember it might be difficult but once he puts in efforts and if Allah wants,You're brother could be able to do well,cuz I myself have studied bio in o'levels and now even i am keeping the same subjects as you have mentioned above (y)