• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A little something on the Importance of 'Today' :)

Reaction score
You sit in the very front bench, waiting for what you've dreamt of all your life. You're graduating from a top-notch college, that too of your choice. In one hand you hold the keys to your brand new Porsche and in the other your iPhone, just wondering which hand you'll use to receive the award for your splendid grades. In the back of your mind, you're planning on what to wear to the graduation party tonight, after all you've got to look jaw-dropping. That reminds you, you've got to go shopping right after this event, for sure you have to be studded in Gucci and Prada for the event.

Too superficial? Much too cliche? Yes. It seems that these days the topics in focus, if not always, mostly revolve around the 'massive' things in life. Things that the majority of us can only wish for. Let's be honest, how many of us are gifted a Porsche as a graduation present? How many of us can afford Gucci and Prada all in one day, for some minor graduation party? A few, but definitely not the majority. In the midst of the rising standards of living, we're attracted to the ever-sparkling Glitz & Glamour to such extent that we forget the small but important things in life, things that actually play quite some role in shaping up our lives.

I don't know whether to call it the biggest thing in life, or the smallest one. But for sure, it is included in the most ignored and underestimated list of things. Today. What is Today? Do we actually understand it's importance? Do we give it the credit it deserves?

You're 15, Today is trying to make you feel it's presence, it's importance. But to it's dismay, you reply to it in a hoarse tone, 'I know what I'm doing, alright! I am old enough. Why is everybody pressurizing me so much, my parents, my friends? I know everything about this world. It's way too early for me to be growing up just now. I have all the time in the world. Who cares if I ignore Today? I have Tomorrow and one after.. and another one after!'

Then you turn 17, Today is still faithfully trying, it's still not too late. But you're too busy trying to be popular, trying to 'fit in'. No, you're not concentrating on your studies, or the expectations and dreams of your parents. You still turn your back on Today, thinking there's always a Tomorrow. Today is terribly sad, you feel it's tears, and you do feel a little sorry for it, but all you do is let it cry. You do this again and again, dump Today for Tomorrow and when Tomorrow turns into Today you do it all over again.

Then one day you do realize that you've hurt it's feelings, it's torn. You try to reach out for it, but it's too late, it's fading away. Suddenly all the popularity, all the good looks seem useless. You wish Today would come back, you pray for one more chance, but unfortunately it's all in the past now. The nerdy classmates that you made fun of, are earning 10 times greater than you, the shy girl is now the owner of a multinational company, you realize you've not only hurt Today, but also your parents who put your dreams before theirs. But, too late.

You're now 26, Today is back. But it's not the same. This Today owns you and you have to follow it around like a helpless puppet. You no longer make your decisions, this Today makes them and you're compelled to obey. Your fate is no longer in your hands, like it once was. You can just accept it now for what it is. The greater things that you've dreamt of, belong to someone else. Someone who worked for them. Someone who did not break Today's heart, instead this someone put their today to good use, and because their Today is happy, their Tomorrow is faithful too.

Today is a blessing, let's keep it happy, so that it does the same for us. :)

N.M

Reaction score
Shizza Jalil I agree! :) We need to understand the importance of today! We need to know that life is not abt glamour and glitz.. the purpose of our life is far better n long sighted!!
Reminds me of what Allah's Messenger said---> The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death”
(Narrated by Ibn Abbas and reported by Al Hakim)

Reaction score
Beautiful and expressionistic
The is an optimism in this splatter of life
Shizza Jalil ...I won't say I disagree to ur beautiful writing but look at this realistically
Ur today is shaped with how u planned to shape it yesterday ...luck and fate is a part of it but LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF

You won't fall among the greatest if u worked on it for years...u won't be recognised if u strive hard in today's world ..push at the opportunities to get to the front seat of this harsh cruel world.
Nobody cares what u do..nobody gives a damn if u failed to achieve ur dreams just coz of sickness or not working at the right moment...they will ask u what ur achievements r and if u have Bs stamped over u they will be like "oh...is that so? Too bad.,what a duffer"
Many will disagree with me here but that's reality...75% of the population is young..we rush everywhere like scavengers to GET TO THE TOP...to prove ourselves worthy of praise ...but among those millions...only the top slot gets the chance to rule over the rest....to be the best...
This top slot includes NOT the hard workers but the CLEVER ,WISE,OPPORTUNISTS,WELL ORGANISED AND WELL PLANNED out people.these toppers have worked all their lives ...jumped into the wars of life to rise as sparkling fighters and winners of the cruel battles where they slaughtered and strived against all cruelties ....shunning the fantasies of teens and shunning the unrealistic world to once just once come out as diamonds who can change the generations...change the worlds (figuratively speaking..many will be able to understand this)

U will all be aware of those who play video games, waste time over movies and what not....drowned into crazy fantasies and drunk with the need of none sense fun and what not
Don't think that if they r rich spoiled brats they will have a bright future...in themselves they won't ever have the satisfaction of those who worked at the right moment and shone out in the future which will be their TODAY

Repeating.....this world doesn't care for u.....it cares for those who r realistic and who shield themselves from sins and evils and come out as the best ....
R parents have given us all the needs....all our basic necessities...they waste millions on us to see us as the best and as successful ...and what we repay them with? Mistakes after mistakes and poor results? Can we imagine their insides at those times?
We repay our parents up to 50% only with our successes....u guys tell me when u achieve good grades don't u see those lightened faces and happy smiles that play on ur parents' faces...don't u feel like u finally made them happy...made them proud?
We NEED to do something which will make our futures better...we fail many times but the thing is never to give up...never falter
Don't care if someone calls u a nerd....disregards ur looks...thinks of u an an arrogant hard cored venom.....just get on with life..and these insulters will see u as their boss one day and moan that why didnt they work at the right time? Why aren't they like u..why noone is looking at them the way they look at u
I have so much to say...but u guys can figure the rest out I think

Reaction score
hellcat We're on the same page. That's the teapot, that's the pot in which there's tea. <-Same thing, different wording. The whole point is today IS important for our tomorrow. For our ..everything. It seems that we have all the time in the world, but truly ..time is the only thing we don't have. It's slipping out of our hands like sand, and we have no control over it. The only choice we have is to either waste it or put it to good use. Agreed. :)

Reaction score
hellcat We're on the same page. That's the teapot, that's the pot in which there's tea. <-Same thing, different wording. The whole point is today IS important for our tomorrow. For our ..everything. It seems that we have all the time in the world, but truly ..time is the only thing we don't have. It's slipping out of our hands like sand, and we have no control over it. The only choice we have is to either waste it or put it to good use. Agreed. :)
Agreed :)
U were optimistic
I took it from optimism to realism :) same thing

Reaction score
Shizza Jalil ...I won't say I disagree to ur beautiful writing but look at this realistically
Ur today is shaped with how u planned to shape it yesterday ...luck and fate is a part of it but LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF

You won't fall among the greatest if u worked on it for years...u won't be recognised if u strive hard in today's world ..push at the opportunities to get to the front seat of this harsh cruel world.
Nobody cares what u do..nobody gives a damn if u failed to achieve ur dreams just coz of sickness or not working at the right moment...they will ask u what ur achievements r and if u have Bs stamped over u they will be like "oh...is that so? Too bad.,what a duffer"
Many will disagree with me here but that's reality...75% of the population is young..we rush everywhere like scavengers to GET TO THE TOP...to prove ourselves worthy of praise ...but among those millions...only the top slot gets the chance to rule over the rest....to be the best...
This top slot includes NOT the hard workers but the CLEVER ,WISE,OPPORTUNISTS,WELL ORGANISED AND WELL PLANNED out people.these toppers have worked all their lives ...jumped into the wars of life to rise as sparkling fighters and winners of the cruel battles where they slaughtered and strived against all cruelties ....shunning the fantasies of teens and shunning the unrealistic world to once just once come out as diamonds who can change the generations...change the worlds (figuratively speaking..many will be able to understand this)

U will all be aware of those who play video games, waste time over movies and what not....drowned into crazy fantasies and drunk with the need of none sense fun and what not
Don't think that if they r rich spoiled brats they will have a bright future...in themselves they won't ever have the satisfaction of those who worked at the right moment and shone out in the future which will be their TODAY

Repeating.....this world doesn't care for u.....it cares for those who r realistic and who shield themselves from sins and evils and come out as the best ....
R parents have given us all the needs....all our basic necessities...they waste millions on us to see us as the best and as successful ...and what we repay them with? Mistakes after mistakes and poor results? Can we imagine their insides at those times?
We repay our parents up to 50% only with our successes....u guys tell me when u achieve good grades don't u see those lightened faces and happy smiles that play on ur parents' faces...don't u feel like u finally made them happy...made them proud?
We NEED to do something which will make our futures better...we fail many times but the thing is never to give up...never falter
Don't care if someone calls u a nerd....disregards ur looks...thinks of u an an arrogant hard cored venom.....just get on with life..and these insulters will see u as their boss one day and moan that why didnt they work at the right time? Why aren't they like u..why noone is looking at them the way they look at u
............... THAT brain of yours!!! o_O

Reaction score

Agreed to the last word

Reaction score
This is utterly amazing and I truly agree with this, sometimes in just trying to fit in or trying to look the best we lose on what is more important for our future. I think we should all dream but realistically is the catch, its just that what goes, comes around.
Thanks for the tag :')

Reaction score
Thankyou all for the warm likes and lovely comments. Feels so good to be part of the XPC family. Love you all! :)