• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
Errors in the MarkScheme??!
43/O/N/11 Q11 b
Chiasma formation in metaphase I? Isn't it supposed to be late prophase I?
41/O/N/10 Q9 a
Males homogametic? Aren't they supposed to be heterogametic?
and finally... 43/M/J/10 Q7 c
Anaerobic respiration in yeast involves ethanal dehydrogenase? Isn't it supposed to be alcohol dehydrogenase?
So, is it me or they are really making MISTAKES???

Reaction score
well....guyxxx.......m worried beacuse of time duration for exam....what do u think....is two hours enuf....especially when u have lots of suggest questions
I suggest that u start with the last question. I find it to be easy marks.

Reaction score
can anyone give a complete explaination on why is mRNA of insulin insolated instead of DNA when forming genetic modified bacteria?? tqvm
mRNA is transcribed from the gene coding for insulin and there is plenty of it in the beta cells whereas DNA contains all the genes and therefore would require restriction enzymes to cut out the insulin gene.

Reaction score
well....guyxxx.......m worried beacuse of time duration for exam....what do u think....is two hours enuf....especially when u have lots of suggest questions
Our teacher said the same thing, its painstakingly lengthy, however he said if you try to practice writing over and over again it will help a lot:) And also give confidence in yourself.

Reaction score
what is the total number of ATPs produced during aerobic cycle??? I am confused.. is it 38,36 or 32??
2.5 ATP are actually produced per 1 reduced NAD and about 1.5 per reduced FAD. Per one glucose molecule, 2 reduced NAD are produced in glycolysis, 2 in the link reaction, 6 in the krebs cycle. 2 reduced FAD are produced in the Krebs cycle. Therefore, a total of 28 ATP molecules are produced by oxidative phosphorylation in the electron transfer chain. Don't forget the 4 ATP produced by substrate level phosphorylation (2 in glycolysis, 2 in the krebs cycle). This gives a total of 32 ATP molecules.

Reaction score
well cn u tell examples of interaction of genotype with environment
e.g height... if the person has alleles for being tall but he doesn't get enough diet or he's going through a process of starvation, there will be less chance for him being tall.

Reaction score
e.g height... if the person has alleles for being tall but he doesn't get enough diet or he's going through a process of starvation, there will be less chance for him being tall.
like you can see in ethopia their was a gene of tall height but ad their is starvation spreading hence the gene couldnt florish hence affected by the env. phenotype is short height or normal heigh people.

Reaction score
Errors in the MarkScheme??!
43/O/N/11 Q11 b
Chiasma formation in metaphase I? Isn't it supposed to be late prophase I?
41/O/N/10 Q9 a
Males homogametic? Aren't they supposed to be heterogametic?
and finally... 43/M/J/10 Q7 c
Anaerobic respiration in yeast involves ethanal dehydrogenase? Isn't it supposed to be alcohol dehydrogenase?
So, is it me or they are really making MISTAKES???

i cant find the second ppr can u please attach the question ?

Reaction score
we can also talk about some alleles switching on at certain temperatures right? like coat color in Himalayan rabbits!