• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Biology | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
cn we say here that in CC nutrient conc is kept constant throughout so its not a variable...bt in batch rate will decrease due to nutrient conc. falling
plus i dont get this that how s.d is realted to reliability....cud smone make it clear by quoting an example please

Attachments

• hghg.PNG
    hghg.PNG
    79.1 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w09_qp_52.pdf
i cant undrstand q1...part b........they only showed graph at day 3 for control.....and........watrs happening here
day 3 is time when they start taking results and control would only be the one at the start of the exp.that shows %cell survival with no immobilized cells.....means the normal %.....
thats what we do when we suggest a control...........

Reaction score
done the papers from 2009 to 2011 .....still not satsifed......1st 3 papers i.e 2007 and 8 ones were hell easy...........knw any other source for practice??

Reaction score
done the papers from 2009 to 2011 .....still not satsifed......1st 3 papers i.e 2007 and 8 ones were hell easy...........knw any other source for practice??
YEAH ME TOO DONE WITH THESE PAPERS BUT NOT SATISSFIED............WHAT TO DO KNOW...........
HOPE OUR PAPER COMES EASY................:(:cry:

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w11_qp_51.pdf
q2 a why ms doesnt allow volume of culture medium....cos i think nutrient cconc shud be kept constant bt ms says only composition

IN A CONTINOUS CULTURE ther eis a continous supply of nutrients and products removed,difficult to maintain same volume so its composition must be the same throuhout or we can say i think the concentration but it contains a mixture so composition better..........

Reaction score
also in chi square test if our probability comes out to be greater than 0.05 then its due to chance..what abt t-test??

Reaction score
also in chi square test if our probability comes out to be greater than 0.05 then its due to chance..what abt t-test??
the probaillity we are talking abt here is probability of null hypothesis being correct......so if its less than 0.05 Null hpotheis is rejected,....and so on...........this 0.05 level is actuallyy 95 PERECENT PROBABILITY THAT NULL HYPOTHESIS IS CORRECT BT DONT KNW HOW,,,,,,SOME frther maths shud be ale to explain this 95 percent thing

Reaction score
It's the same. 0.05 act as decider for both chi square test and t-test.
if probability is greater than 0.05 it means null hypothesis is correct.