• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Commerce Group |Post your doubts here (Accounts, Eco, B.Std & Stats 2)

Reaction score
I've been studying too and I'm not giving up so easily!
Your smart.....i know you can do it so don't give up!
Keep trying and i know you'll succeed!

I said na that i have studied whole week and even then i am not able to write an answer.
Well obviously i will have to prepare my self in any way but still its seem impossible to score well in Economics!

Reaction score
I said na that i have studied whole week and even then i am not able to write an answer.
Well obviously i will have to prepare my self in any way but still its seem impossible to score well in Economics!
yes yes
I know u studied
but if u go inside the exam room with the idea in ur head that u wont do well then it may affect the way u answer ur papers aswell
Go in the exam room with the idea in ur head that "YES i can do it"
and u may do well!

Reaction score
yes yes
I know u studied
but if u go inside the exam room with the idea in ur head that u wont do well then it may affect the way u answer ur papers aswell
Go in the exam room with the idea in ur head that "YES i can do it"
and u may do well!

yeah i know if i lose my self confident than even knowing the paper i will fail :(
But still.......... i dont know how to get back to studies.... :(

Reaction score
yeah i know if i lose my self confident than even knowing the paper i will fail :(
But still.......... i dont know how to get back to studies.... :(
You know my knowledge is even lower in eco compared to you
But im not letting that get in my way and i keep telling myself that i can do it!

failed attempts but i still won't stop till the end!

Reaction score
You know my knowledge is even lower in eco compared to you
But im not letting that get in my way and i keep telling myself that i can do it!

failed attempts but i still won't stop till the end!

"failed attempts but i still won't stop till the end!"

it reminds me of the quote said by Edison
"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
I appreciate your struggle and hard working towards your goal, wish you GOOD LUCK.
ALLAH(SWT) prosper you in your goals.
Ameen

Reaction score
"failed attempts but i still won't stop till the end!"

it reminds me of the quote said by Edison

I appreciate your struggle and hard working towards your goal, wish you GOOD LUCK.
ALLAH(SWT) prosper you in your goals.
Ameen
Very inspirational quote
mine too
Thanks and I hope that 1 week of studying eco will pay off well for you too!
BEST OF LUCK!

Reaction score
Very inspirational quote
mine too
Thanks and I hope that 1 week of studying eco will pay off well for you too!
BEST OF LUCK!

Hmm Jazak'ALLAH Khayr for your wish.
and yeah of course it will pay off well and you know today i came across with the Hadith that emphasises on getting knowledge. and i say with my experience that the thing you have learnt never go wasted.

Reaction score
i have doubts in Economics A2-P3
O/N'07- qns 10,2027,29
QP-http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w07_qp_3.pdf
MS-http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...d AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w07_ms_3.pdf

November 2007
Question 10:D
See at OQ the marginal revenue is 0. So firm producing at OQ to meet its FOP cost only.
Question 20:A
A budget surplus reduces money supply and hence cash reserves held by commercial banks. Central bank must buy bonds of at least the same amount to prevent cash ratio of commercial bank from falling.
Question 27:A
An increase in potential output with no change in actual output results in increase in more idle resources. Option B, C and D all result in fall in unemployment.
Question 29:A
Largest increase in output is possible only when unemployment is high. Borrowing from banking system results in an increase in MS, hence expansionary effect on output. The second part of B & C are incorrect as increase in tax rate will have a contractionary effect. The first part of options C & D results in no changes in money supply but increase interest rate. Hence a contractionary effect.

Reaction score
Hmm Jazak'ALLAH Khayr for your wish.
and yeah of course it will pay off well and you know today i came across with the Hadith that emphasises on getting knowledge. and i say with my experience that the thing you have learnt never go wasted.
yes InshaAllah!

Reaction score
November 2007
Question 10:D
See at OQ the marginal revenue is 0. So firm producing at OQ to meet its FOP cost only.
Question 20:A
A budget surplus reduces money supply and hence cash reserves held by commercial banks. Central bank must buy bonds of at least the same amount to prevent cash ratio of commercial bank from falling.
Question 27:A
An increase in potential output with no change in actual output results in increase in more idle resources. Option B, C and D all result in fall in unemployment.
Question 29:A
Largest increase in output is possible only when unemployment is high. Borrowing from banking system results in an increase in MS, hence expansionary effect on output. The second part of B & C are incorrect as increase in tax rate will have a contractionary effect. The first part of options C & D results in no changes in money supply but increase interest rate. Hence a contractionary effect.
qns 10-FOP?...i still dont get it
qns 20- commercial banks have bonds? isn't that only central banks!
qns 27-ok....got it!
qns 29-ok....i get it!

Reaction score
qns 10-FOP?...i still dont get it
qns 20- commercial banks have bonds? isn't that only central banks!
qns 27-ok....got it!
qns 29-ok....i get it!

FOP is factors of production. profit maximising firm will produce until marginal cost equals marginal revenue as at this point maximum revenue will be earned. but in this que u can see MR curve will be negative if u expand the MR line crossing x-axis.

No bonds are issued by govt, central bank is control by governments. Commercial bank dont issue, i think, they just sell in behalf of state bank.and if gov buy back from commercial bank as a customer so it will not affect the cash ratio

Reaction score
FOP is factors of production. profit maximising firm will produce until marginal cost equals marginal revenue as at this point maximum revenue will be earned. but in this que u can see MR curve will be negative if u expand the MR line crossing x-axis.

No bonds are issued by govt, central bank is control by governments. Commercial bank dont issue, i think, they just sell in behalf of state bank.and if gov buy back from commercial bank as a customer so it will not affect the cash ratio
ohhh
ok
Jazaka'Allah Khair

Reaction score
ohhh
ok
Jazaka'Allah Khair
EC209-Ameen-card-catalog.jpg

Reaction score
do ny1 ov u have any guess paper of eco, a/cs or business studies or any imp topics especially for a/cs

Reaction score
Guys ECO DOUBT-
can someone please explain the reason behind the correct of the following mcq question?Can't seem to figure out the answer or maybe my fundamentals aren't clear.
q19 & q22 of May 2005
q16 of Nov 2005
thanks
19: On a savings function diagram, the gradient of the line is the MPS(note the formula of MPS & the fact the Savings are on y-axis & Income on x-axis). You can see from the diagram that the gradient (MPS) has increased as the line shifted.
22: In the equation MV=PQ, MV is the National Income, so if M rises while V is constant, the Income will rise proportionately.
16: Again the same ^equation is being used. MV rose by 8% & P by 6%, both sides will become equal when Q(output) rises by 2%.

Reaction score
19: On a savings function diagram, the gradient of the line is the MPS(note the formula of MPS & the fact the Savings are on y-axis & Income on x-axis). You can see from the diagram that the gradient (MPS) has increased as the line shifted.
22: In the equation MV=PQ, MV is the National Income, so if M rises while V is constant, the Income will rise proportionately.
16: Again the same ^equation is being used. MV rose by 8% & P by 6%, both sides will become equal when Q(output) rises by 2%.

For Question 16 of November 2005, i think the REAL INCOME is increased by 2% so the Demand for Goods will also rise by 2%.
My answer is also D. I don't know whether my concept in choosing D is correct or not but it will be an honor if you can explain me the Quantitative Theory of Money.

Reaction score
i think the REAL INCOME is increased by 2% so the Demand for Goods will also rise by 2%.
My answer is also D. I don't know whether my concept in choosing D is correct or not but it will be an honor if you can explain me the Quantitative Theory of Money.
Yeah it is correct. I just solved it mathematically, without giving much thought. If something like that came in P4, I would have to give the reason ^above.

Reaction score
thanks a lot buddy,good to know people here always willing to help whenever they can.I am still having trouble with the quantity theory of money questions.I'll do some more of them tonight and conclude whether I managed to get it or not.
thanks again

Reaction score
You may look at it this way. It says $0.4 tax paid on $1 increase in Gross Income, & 5/6 spent of any increase in their 'Disposable' Income (Gross Income-Tax). That means 60% of Income is left as Disposable Income & 5/6th of it is then spent, so the MPC will be 0.6(5/6)=0.5, & then the multiplier would be 1/(1-0.5)=2
P.S.: the question does not say theres no govt. intervention
when should we multiply or add?