• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Maths paper 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
cos (BAC) = 20/21
Screwed up the polynomials one. What was the answer of cos(x +30) = 2cos x
oh and the area in 8 (ii) was 2pi - 4. This is confirmed.
Dude what was the question about the itantheta w-1/w+1 or w+1/w-1 ?

Reaction score
sorry I don't remember my variant; my first solution (inequalities) was:- (1/4)a<x<(5/2)a (confirmation pls?)
the angle between AB and BC (vectors) was cos(•)=20/21 (confirmation pls?)
pfff too many mistakes from the rest of my attempts :|
I even failed to apply DIFFERENTIATION in the polynomial one ( f ' (x) ) :'(

20/21 yes,but im worried because the angle wasnt exact,I guess...
the polynomial was confusing.I think I differentiated it but dint know how to solve...
I did ok,I guess.I couldnt do the circle (i) and tan i

Reaction score
Can you do it tonight? I would really like to know before I sleep, I'm so worried.
Of course! I will do it right away! I will post pictures of my answer as it'll be kinda looooooooong to answer it using the computer! :) I want to make sure though was it w-1/w+1 or w+1/w-1 ?

Reaction score
Mine were 12 and -128........shit:-S:-(
If I recall correctly I formed two simultaneous equations for a & b by using the factor "x=2" into the equation of the derivative and the actual equation and came up with this:
32a + 4b = -116
17a + 4b = -56
I eliminated 4b by subtracting both equations (elimination method) and continued you know.....

Reaction score
I think I got the same one maybe I have done some calculation error cuz I had only two minutes remaining and did it very quickly

Reaction score
Of course! I will do it right away! I will post pictures of my answer as it'll be kinda looooooooong to answer it using the computer! :) I want to make sure though was it w-1/w+1 or w+1/w-1 ?
Thank you. It was w-1/ w+1

Reaction score
poor paper :'( I have discussed with like 20-25 people and most of them think the threshold will lie around 35-45/75 !

I think the gt this years gonna b around 55 or 56, the paper wasnt hard it just had a time factor. Try and chk o/n 13 p31 or maybe 32 i dont exactly remember but that paper was a wat i call hard and it had a threshold around 47. So i think this paper would be 55 or something, but its just my opinion not necessarily true.

Reaction score
did you differentiate the big equation and factorise the differentiated equation?
Yep he said in part (ii) to use part (i)'s answer to answer it. So I equated both to zero and used the factor "x=2" to "eliminate/get rid of" x. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.