• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Mechanics (maths p5)

Reaction score
Please tell me there's someone doing A2 mech in the entire forum! Cause in the math's thread I only see people talking about stats... =/

Reaction score
Please tell me there's someone doing A2 mech in the entire forum! Cause in the math's thread I only see people talking about stats... =/
I wish I could do all the modules in A Level Mathematics. Too bad that my school allows us to appear for S1 only.

Reaction score
I wish I could do all the modules in A Level Mathematics. Too bad that my school allows us to appear for S1 only.
my school is also the same it teaches S1 for AS n M1 for A2!!! but if we wish to take other modules we will have to do it by ourselves:mad:

Reaction score
my school is also the same it teaches S1 for AS n M1 for A2!!! but if we wish to take other modules we will have to do it by ourselves:mad:
But I guess that even CIE only gives the option of doing just 4 modules in whole A level. =/

Reaction score
Lol, I think you should really be happy that you dont have m2 tomorrow but its appreciated that you replied even though you dont do the paper =]

Reaction score
same .. that's why I hadnt done m2 before today and now I wanna kill myself for not starting earlier.. cause literally I think Im gonna get a 0 tomorrow ---

Reaction score
Guys, do u think they'll change the pattern? Make questions harder!? I HOPE NOT!!!
I'm soooo worried. :S

Reaction score
can anyone explain 4 (iii)

Attachments

• 9709_w11_ms_51.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 9709_w11_qp_51.pdf
    98.9 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
can anyone explain 4 (iii)

Sure...
The centre of mass will be just above the point where the cylinder's edge meets the Horizontal.
And so u take an angle ( Alpha) which will be with the height of cone and the horizontal. That'll then be common for two triangles.
And then using totals moments about Pointed part of the cone, u add up the weights..multiply that by what's given as VG...

I'm sorry tho...really can't explain mechanics in words liked this. :|

Reaction score
same .. that's why I hadnt done m2 before today and now I wanna kill myself for not starting earlier.. cause literally I think Im gonna get a 0 tomorrow ---
even i also think that:p ( i know its too rude to say lyk this but its truth)
evn the world topper from our school in maths finds M2 as tough so why wont we!! n even M1 was tough even aftr i studied the whole year:(

Reaction score
lol why do u wanna cpmlicate ur life by takin these many math modules?? :po_O
If you see it as "complicated" you wouldn't have done a-levels. Period.

It's called learning, yo. Wanting to know more. As I studied only mechanics, I know nothing whatsoever about statistics.