• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics P4 Questions ONLY

Reaction score
How will i explain it when they ask us about discrete energy levels? I know that photons with certain energies are emitted and the energy difference corresponds to the energy of a particular photon but how will i explain it all? I dont know how to phrase my answer

Same problem here as well. Normally the ms says that difference in the energy levels is discrete as u only have a few lines in the emission spectra so they say that this implies that energy levels are discrete !

Reaction score
Same problem here as well. Normally the ms says that difference in the energy levels is discrete as u only have a few lines in the emission spectra so they say that this implies that energy levels are discrete !
Oh. Thanks. Hows prep for tomorrow?

Reaction score
explain plzz
The angular velocity 'w' is same for both, so when one complete rotation of the wheel takes place, one complete cycle of the piston occurs. So the answer is one.
ii) well, 2400 in 60s so in 1s how many revolutions will it make? Use the unitary method and get the answer.
Bi) v= omega*amplitude since they have asked for the maximum speed.
Ii) well, a=w2x. And since they have asked for max acceleration, use maximum amplitude.

Reaction score
Okay so lets define the terms n and N .
n is the number of moles of the substance.
N is the number total gas molecules.

If u have taken chemistry or even had it in O Levels u would know this formula .
Number of molecules = moles * Avogadros constant

So make Avogadros constant the subject and u get that n/N .
Auoowww... :notworthy:

Reaction score
The angular velocity 'w' is same for both, so when one complete rotation of the wheel takes place, one complete cycle of the piston occurs. So the answer is one.
ii) well, 2400 in 60s so in 1s how many revolutions will it make? Use the unitary method and get the answer.
Bi) v= omega*amplitude since they have asked for the maximum speed.
Ii) well, a=w2x. And since they have asked for max acceleration, use maximum amplitude.
other question???