• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Nov 2009#2
· Q:1 c need explanation for this, plz..
· Q:10 a (i) ms says acceleration of the electrons, but actually it’s deceleration..right? will they penalise us if we say deceleration? :s and also need explanation for the first point in ms: e.m. radiation / photons is produced whenever a charged particle is accelerated

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Nov 2009#2
· Q:10 a (i) ms says acceleration of the electrons, but actually it’s deceleration..right? will they penalise us if we say deceleration? :s and also need explanation for the first point in ms: e.m. radiation / photons is produced whenever a charged particle is accelerated
AoA,
Q1:
In equatorial orbit means that the period of rotation will be equal to period of rotation of the earth
That will not fulfill the purpose of GPS technology as the satellite will always be at the same point above the earth!
I hope you got it.;)

Q10(a)(i):
In fact, its quite hillarious the conflict b/w m.s and examiner report. :ROFLMAO:
Here, i will attach both snapshots:
apol.png

:p:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reaction score
Hey can anyone help me with this question? It's from O/N 11 52.. It says I should be varying the frequency of current in one coil to see
how the emf induced in the other coil varies. Now, a solution I suggested was to use a DC supply, and a switch attached to it. For a constant
time period say 10 seconds, I turned the switch on and off say 5 times for the first experiment. The frequency can thus be calculated by 5/10.
The same procedure is repeated with however greater number of times the switch is turned off and on for the same time period.
However, this particular solution was not suggested in the markscheme. Can anyone tell me if I will still be considered correct?

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

Nov 2009#2

AOA.
Q1.c) well m not sure about this part, but I will like to share my opinion.

As far as books and application booklet ix concerned they state away says that a geosationary satelite rotates on the equator and therefore itx nt possible fr it to cover polar regions. thatx the only reason polar satelites are used fr communication in those areas.

now if the sattelite is a little inclined so it may be possible fr it to send and recieve signalx at the top of the earth(polar region) as when we need to pick some thing from a higher position we stand on our toes(making an angle from ground) to have excess to that furthest position.

the m.s also states that having an inclination of 55 degrees make the gps able to reach to polar areas. :)

hope I am able to clear mY point oF VIEW

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AoA,
Q1:
In equatorial orbit means that the period of rotation will be equal to period of rotation of the earth
That will not fulfill the purpose of GPS technology as the satellite will always be at the same point above the earth!
I hope you got it.;)

Q10(a)(i):
In fact, its quite hillarious the conflict b/w m.s and examiner report. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 7084

waalaikumassalam wr wb!

:eek:

lolllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazakAllahu khairen...!!! thanks a lot...i didnt check the er for this question...
Alhumdulilah...i asked this question here...cuz i was kinda abt to ignore it saying this is a lame question :oops:

and yup got the first one...

AOA.
Q1.c) well m not sure about this part, but I will like to share my opinion.

As far as books and application booklet ix concerned they state away says that a geosationary satelite rotates on the equator and therefore itx nt possible fr it to cover polar regions. thatx the only reason polar satelites are used fr communication in those areas.

now if the sattelite is a little inclined so it may be possible fr it to send and recieve signalx at the top of the earth(polar region) as when we need to pick some thing from a higher position we stand on our toes(making an angle from ground) to have excess to that furthest position.

the m.s also states that having an inclination of 55 degrees make the gps able to reach to polar areas. :)

hope I am able to clear mY point oF VIEW
waalaikumassalam wr wb!
yeah ..jazakAllah khairan...got ur point (y)

Reaction score
AoA,
Q1:
I hope you got it.;)

Q10(a)(i):
View attachment 7084

lol
that takes it to a whole new level. Bring the redspots back too! q:

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Waalaikumassalam wr wb!

because E=F/Q and F = ma so E is proportional to a...and hence a will be max. when E is max...

reposting the ones left :D
JazakAllah khairen for solving the other ones..many duas 4 all....

PAPER 4 doubts...

Nov 2003
· Q:4 c Can you show, how is the less ripple represented, please.. :s

June 2004
· Q:4 c reason for the answer...
· Q:6 last part..
· Q:8 iii who said we didn’t use them? :s

June 2006
· Q:2 b (ii) how to do?? :s
· Q:6 c what do I write for this?

· Q:7 Can you answer the complete question, I couldn’t do this one... :(
Nov 2006
· Q:3 c what to write? :s
· Q:6 a (ii) How do the diode works then, normally...isn’t that the way we usually connect? :s

June 2007
· Q:3 d (i) Why is the answer zero? Just to confirm, is it because E=F/Q and F = ma so E is proportional to a...and hence a will be max. when E is max? is it?
· Q:4 c (ii) How’ll the diagram be? :s
· Q:7 b I don’t get why the damping is reduced...i took it as, resistance is increased, more power dissioated, hence more energy losses...so oscillations die off quicker..but it say damping is less..:s confused..
· Q:7 c (iii) can you give some examples? :s
Nov 2007
  • Q:1b(i) I don’t understand how to do this..i did see the mark scheme but still I wanna know why to do this..or how to arrive at this..:s
  • Q:4 b need explanation + how to draw..?
  • Q:4 c (ii)I don’t understand, can someone plz explain me..
  • Q:4 d explanation... :s
  • Q:5 b (ii) Which area do I determine...

anyone?

Reaction score
Waalaikumassalam wr wb!

because E=F/Q and F = ma so E is proportional to a...and hence a will be max. when E is max...

anyone?
Thnx, missed that point,
J07,
Q4(c)(ii)
Something like this, sorry its free hand drawing :D

Attachments

• free.png
    free.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 193
Reaction score
well a general question....whats the recommended technique when asked to find area under curve

Reaction score
well a general question....whats the recommended technique when asked to find area under curve
Divide the area into various figures such as squares, rectangles, triangles and trapeziums. Keep adding up these areas and when you reach a point that no shape is possible, simply calculate the number of small 1 unit squares left!
Add them up and multiply with whatever scale is given!
:)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Divide the area into various figures such as squares, rectangles, triangles and trapeziums. Keep adding up these areas and when you reach a point that no shape is possible, simply calculate the number of small 1 unit squares left!
Add them up and multiply with whatever scale is given!
:)
exactly...
i know it's too annoying, but make sure u don't leave even a single square :(
they expect u too use all the squares!

Reaction score
exactly...
i know it's too annoying, but make sure u don't leave even a single square :(
they expect u too use all the squares!
I just wish this type of question doesnt come, and if it does, i will do it after im through with the rest of the paper!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Thnx, missed that point,
J07,
Q4(c)(ii)
Something like this, sorry its free hand drawing :D
but then doesn't this change the time for charging and discharging...shudn't we keep it the same..?
i'm not sure..just asking..cuz m confused...

Reaction score
waht shud be the minimum sampling frequency to recover all the important features of the signal in pic

Attachments

• sampl.PNG
    sampl.PNG
    65.5 KB · Views: 22

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s05_qp_4.pdf

q5b) a detailed explanation plz that how will be the graph and whY ix the graph shaped lyk that??

q6b) all partx including bi, bii, biii,

here again m confused that hoW wil grapHx frmed and what phase angle diff.?????

explain here that why graphx are forming lyk that??:oops::ROFLMAO:(n):eek::confused::(:coffee::notworthy::sick::sleep::X3:

plx pay alittle attention here as well guyx??
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!
answer from SkyPilotage: June 2005
Question 6 B) I) Magnetic Flux is proportional to the change in current so its the same as the current graph given in the question.
II) The e.m.f is the negative of the gradient of the magnetic flux graph by Faraday Lenz Law that Emf= - N(flux)/time so it is the negative of the rate of change of flux. So when the graph of Phi is steepest, emf is maximum
Q:5b (pic shared by hassam)

E.jpg

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It should'nt because the capacitance is the same.
C.jpg

Doesnt this one (below) shows diff charging and discharging time?

free-png.7236