• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
URGENT HELP, MY EXAM IS COMING IN LESS THAN 7HRS
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w07_qp_4.pdf
any one helps me with the question 5b (ii)
The questions to use the given diagram to determine the initial charge.
Here is what the mark scheme says:

(ii) area is 21.2 cm2 (allow ±0.5 cm2) .......................................................................C2
(allow 1 mark if outside ±0.5 cm2 but within ±1.0 cm2)
1.0 cm2 represents (0.125 × 10-3 × 1.25 =) 156 μC ..............................................C1
charge = 3300 μC .................................................................................................A1(ii) area is 21.2 cm2 (allow ±0.5 cm2) .......................................................................C2
(allow 1 mark if outside ±0.5 cm2 but within ±1.0 cm2)
1.0 cm2 represents (0.125 × 10-3 × 1.25 =) 156 μC ..............................................C1
charge = 3300 μC .................................................................................................A1

Examiner's report
Successful candidates either counted squares or used a series of vertical strips. The conversion of
the area to a charge presented few problems apart from a power-of-ten error. A significant number
of candidates found the area of a single strip near to the origin on the x-axis. Presumably they
thought that this initial strip would represent the initial charge stored in the capacitor.

Reaction score
they gave it in the table.. its change in internal energy= heat supplied + work done... and because its a cycle, the last thing uses the values of the first step... P--Q is the same as R--P
Mmmm ohh alright. Ekh that's an awful lot of thinking. :/

Reaction score
Mmmm ohh alright. Ekh that's an awful lot of thinking. :/
haha are you kidding me? ... do you even read everyone else's long winded freaky answers? This place and the people here scare the crap outa me with how well they're prepared !

Reaction score
haha are you kidding me? ... do you even read everyone else's long winded freaky answers? This place and the people here scare the crap outa me with how well they're prepared !
“Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Alan Strike
Try not to, your prep seems great as it is to me. What's meant to happen will happen anyway, and everything happens for the best. You've done your part in working for it, do a bit more and sleep with ease leaving everything to God.
Pondering over pointless matters like others' prep will do no good except demotivating you.

Reaction score
“Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Alan Strike
Try not to, your prep seems great as it is to me. What's meant to happen will happen anyway, and everything happens for the best. You've done your part in working for it, do a bit more and sleep with ease leaving everything to God.
Pondering over pointless matters like others' prep will do no good except demotivating you.
0.0 philosophical much?
Anyway, what are the formulae for op-amp and shizz? The one's relating Vout and Gain and all that.. ?

Reaction score
0.0 philosophical much?
Anyway, what are the formulae for op-amp and shizz? The one's relating Vout and Gain and all that.. ?
mmhmm
*Voltage gain = output voltage/input voltage
*V out= A0 ( V+ minus V-)
where A0 is the open loop gain of amplifiar, V+ is the voltage at the non inverting end and V - is the voltage at inverting end.
* For an inverting amplifiar: V out/Vin = -Rf/Rin
*For a non inverting amp: Vout/V in = 1 + Rf/R1

Reaction score
mmhmm
*Voltage gain = output voltage/input voltage
*V out= A0 ( V+ minus V-)
where A0 is the open loop gain of amplifiar, V+ is the voltage at the non inverting end and V - is the voltage at inverting end.
* For an inverting amplifiar: V out/Vin = -Rf/Rin
*For a non inverting amp: Vout/V in = 1 + Rf/R1

Thank you =]