• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
omg, you guys make it look soo easy! Man I must suck badly. Sometimes I dont know what can be done to investigate the problem, so I would prolly lose alot in method of data collection...
Man I am really like stuck here, I dont know what Im doing is right. Cz I am looking for all sorts of experiments from Chapter 1... and alot of them I hear for the first time.
This is hopeless, im feeling its really hard to study for the experiments but you guys say that you dont need to. I am soo desperate :cry: :cry: :cry:
let me clear this chem p4 and p5 ... i will surely help u in phys p5..IA..:)

Reaction score
No, i dont think so, why do you want to do it?
Not all topics are related but some are!

You can do it but cannot be sure to have your concepts cleared!
because im planning to read medicine in UK. and I thought if I did Physics, it would be an advantage as I will have more university choices. Btw I am doing 3 A2 subjects and 1 AS subject which is psychology. So, I'm going to do AS Physics next semester.

Reaction score
Heyyyyyyy........hlp plz lots of doubts in p5......can smone tell how do v fynd the absolute uncetainities in xc in the table .....paper is summer 2010 paper 51 Q.2.......hlp plz!!_

Reaction score
What happened to the starter of this thread? :confused:
I remember he was candid24hours !
And the thread started in April , not Oct 2011 !

Reaction score
Heyyyyyyy........hlp plz lots of doubts in p5......can smone tell how do v fynd the absolute uncetainities in xc in the table .....paper is summer 2010 paper 51 Q.2.......hlp plz!!_
Use the formula Xc = Vo / Io.
Since this is a division. Percentage uncertainty is required.
Convert the absolute uncertainties of Vo and Io all to percentage uncertainties (Absolute unc. value divided by measured value), then add them up each row. The sum is the percentage unc. of Xc. To get its absolute unc. values, simply convert them back by multiplying the percentage with the Xc measured values.

Reaction score
What happened to the starter of this thread? :confused:
I remember he was candid24hours !
And the thread started in April , not Oct 2011 !
You know what I had been thinking the same too. Because my post is standing second to some other person's post. =( So that's kind of weird.

Reaction score
How many significant figures do we take in the table of the 2nd problem for eg if its 293 and i am suppose to take log of that ?

Reaction score
Convert the absolute uncertainities of h to % uncertainities ( absolute unc value/measured h value...........eg.5/400 =0.00125)...............than multiply this value wid measured value of 1/h (0.00125×2.5) to get the absolute unc in 1/h.

Reaction score
Okay I get it. Thanks.
Physics P4 is over but I still need to get clear some points. It's not just for the exams, right? :p
if u were smart u wudnt care bout physix anymore untill and unless u r going to take engineerin @ colledge

Reaction score
i did bad in my physics paper 42 too . but not that bad. will proly get around 53 or sumthin. i got only one xam left now which is Physics PAper 52 @ 30th May 2012. if i score like 21 out of 30 in it . can i get an A in physix ??? i got A(82%) in my AS level . plz sum1 lemme know if i can score an overall A in Physix . tnx . :)

Reaction score
aoa wr wb!

well i never actually studied any experiment for that :s

what i do is...read the question...think of what can be done..write that....divide ur answer into portions....

the one how they mark...5 portions....dont have time so cant go any further..i hope u get what i mean
same here...

Reaction score
Use the formula Xc = Vo / Io.
Since this is a division. Percentage uncertainty is required.
Convert the absolute uncertainties of Vo and Io all to percentage uncertainties (Absolute unc. value divided by measured value), then add them up each row. The sum is the percentage unc. of Xc. To get its absolute unc. values, simply convert them back by multiplying the percentage with the Xc measured values.
cud u plz give and example and show the working? thanks in advance..

Reaction score
Approach to data analysis
Candidates should be able to:
• rearrange expressions into the forms y = mx + c, y = ax^n, and y = ae^kx;
• plot a graph of y against x and use the graph to find the constants m and c in an equation of the
form y = mx + c
• plot a graph of log y against log x and use the graph to find the constants a and n in an equation of the
form y = ax^n;
• plot a graph of In y against x and use the graph to find the constants a and k in an equation of the
form y = ae^kx;
• decide what derived quantities to calculate from raw data in order to enable an appropriate graph to
be plotted.

i got this from ALevel physics P5 tips...i found it helpfull so just wanted to share it...:)