• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
View attachment 8229

I know its a kiddish question but mmm how to draw a)
forget :(

the light ray wil travel in straight line and wil reflect the the wall and wil go down at an angle then wil again reflect the downward wall and move upwards and wil do the same to travel to the other side of of the fibre.

the core should be narrow to reduce energY loss as if the core is thicker the light ray has to travel more so enrgy wil be lost :)

Reaction score
the light ray wil travel in straight line and wil reflect the the wall and wil go down at an angle then wil again reflect the downward wall and move upwards and wil do the same to travel to the other side of of the fibre.

the core should be narrow to reduce energY loss as if the core is thicker the light ray has to travel more so enrgy wil be lost :)

Can yu plz show ?

omg

Reaction score
well for finding displacement from the mean position in a simple harmonic motion.

we use the formula X= X0sinwt (this is used when no displacement took place at time, t = o ) means x=o at t=o.
where As
we use the formula X = Xocoswt (this is used when no displacement took place at time, t = o ) means x=Xo at t=o.

so both formulas are correct fr calculating displacement, the thing is that they r 2 b Used at diff. occasions.:)

sinwt will be used when the graph is starting frm origin( o, 0)
coswt will be used when the graph is starting frm maximum displacement ( 0, Xo) hope u gt it??

YES , THANKS :D

omg

Reaction score
w07 q1 part b (ii) and s08 q3 part (c)(ii) PLEASE HELP (idk sth is wrong wid my pdf reader im nt able to open the ppr dats y couldnt giv the links)

Reaction score
Please help I got a problem in a paper 53 (paper 5) May/June 2011 physics.i having difficulties in both questions.Can somebody explain to me in details about the answers.Please help.

Reaction score
plz help me with Q 1- (iii) about meteorite........

Attachments

• 9702_s10_qp_42.pdf
    138.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score

No, The reason it will lose energy does not depend upon travelling more distance... The reason is because of angle... Light ray, when it exceeds a certain degree of Angle from normal, is reflected.. The reflection is called Total Internal Reflection... if TIR doesnot occur, the light will be refracted and energy will be lost..

Reaction score
View attachment 8229

I know its a kiddish question but mmm how to draw a)
forget :(
I think this is about it, you won't need more accurate drawing just for 1 mark.
21ca3w4.png

Reaction score
No, The reason it will lose energy does not depend upon travelling more distance... The reason is because of angle... Light ray, when it exceeds a certain degree of Angle from normal, is reflected.. The reflection is called Total Internal Reflection... if TIR doesnot occur, the light will be refracted and energy will be lost..

ya U are rite soRRy didn't pondered lite jane waLi thi na:D

Reaction score
Reaction score
Since there are two parallel plates storing charge, the capacitor stores charge but does not stores net charge as it is cancelled out or balanced!
It is just like a body moving with constant speed, it experiences force but no resultant force, so as to that sometimes we say that it experiences no force!!!
Hope you got the point.
;)
Yeah got it, thanks/Jazakallah :D

Reaction score
The linear attenuation (absorption) coefficients of bone and of soft tissues surrounding the bone are 2.9 cm^-1 and 0.95 cm^-1 respectively.A parallel beam of X-rays is incident,seperately on bone of thickness 3.0cm and on soft tissue of thickness 5.0cm.
Calculate the ratio:
intensity of transmitted through bone
intensity of transmitted through soft tissue
mmm getting the answer as 0.019 whereas the answer should be 0.19 can someone try :D?​